Fever

Jay had trouble waking up this morning.
Wait, is it morning?
Jungwon is probably already gone...
What am I going to do now?
Why can't I remember last night correctly?
He opened an eye, then the second. He didn't recognize the room he was in, but weirdly, he recognized a familiar scent.
He turned his head, and before he saw him, he knew that Jungwon was there.

"Jay Hyung" he whispered.
But Jay didn't answer.
Am I dreaming? Why is Jungwon here?

"It's normal if you're a bit confused" said Jungwon softly. "Can you stand up to drink a little bit?" he asked.
Jay nodded, and as he moved he felt pain on his neck. Jungwon helped him sit and gave him a bottle.
Jay didn't ask what it was, he just drank. As soon as he swallowed, he felt better.
"Where am I?" he finally asked.
"You're in my house, well, my host family's house" explained Jungwon. "What do you remember last?"

Jay thought for a bit.
"Well you explained that you had to leave, we spent the afternoon together and that night we-" he stopped and blushed. "that night, we said goodbye" he finished.

"Do you remember asking me to leave before dawn without waking you up?" said Jungwon, trying to help Jay remember.
"I do" he said. "But I did wake up didn't I?" he asked.
Jungwon nodded.
"I went to the forest" he said. He closed his eyes as he concentrated and after a few minutes, he opened them again.
He slowly lifted his hand and touched his neck. He felt two sore bumps under his fingers. Jay locked eyes with Jungwon.
"Can you help me stand up please?" aked Jay.
Jungwon gave him his arm and helped him. Once Jay was up, he hugged Jungwon warmly.
"Thank you for choosing me" he whispered in Jungwon's ear.

~

Jungwon had left Jay resting in his room. He wanted to go out and buy him some comfort food.

The last few hours had been the most intense in his life and he still needed to wrap up his head around it.

As he stood waiting for the Line to open, Jay came and begged him to turn him into a vampire. Obviously Jungwon wanted to, but he didn't let himself think about that. Jay's life was too precious. In the end, Jay was begging him and he decided to bite him.

Jungwon kept thinking about how sweet that moment was. In the middle of the woods, as they were to be separated forever, they committed to one another in the most unique way.
As he decided to turn Jay into a vampire, he felt everything stop around him. The minutes, the night and the planets didn't matter anymore. It was just him and Jay, as it would be forever after that.

Jay hugged him, waiting for the bite and Jungwon was overwhelmed by Jay's scent. He didn't even feel his teeth sharpening, he just knew they were.
Before the bite, he enjoyed their embrace and romantically kissed Jay's neck. It was the only part of his body he hadn't kissed yet. It felt like it wasn't just a kiss, it was also a promise. Jay's skin was so soft that Jungwon could feel the veins under his lips. He closed his eyes, and he let his instincts take control of him.

He had never felt such a rush. As his fangs pierced Jay's skin, he tasted his blood, the most delicate he had ever drunk. He felt a wave of energy spread through his body, as if he had never been alive before.

When he felt it was enough for Jay to turn, he stopped the bite and looked at Jay, who was already closing his eyes.

Jungwon caught him before he fell and waited there. He knew that if he didn't cross the Line, the agents would come find him.
As he waited for them, he passed his tongue on his lips, enjoying the reminiscent taste of Jay's blood.

When the two agents arrived, Jungwon was holding an unconscious Jay in his arms.

He then spent a long time explaining everything to them. He had to convince them. They stayed placid during the whole discourse, and then, they took some time in private to deliberate.

They had decided to let Won and Jay stay. They made Won sign an official form for Jay and started listing the rules. Jungwon was so happy that the end of their conversation was blurry in his mind. The only thing that mattered was that he could stay with on Earth, with Jay.

After the agents left, Jungwon called his host mother. She agreed to come pick them up and let Jay rest in her home. When he heard the car engine nearby, he delicately lifted Jay up and carried him to her car.

While staring at Jay during the whole ride, he explained to his host mother the last events better.

Once at home, he carried Jay to his own bed and tucked him in, even though Jay's body temperature was high. Now the only thing he had to do was wait.

Jungwon didn't leave Jay's side. He kept talking and singing to him while holding his hands. Even though Jay wouldn't remember his body changing, Jungwon knew that right know Jay was in pain.
The transformation lasted for about five long and painful hours.

Finally, Jungwon saw Jay waking up and he felt relieved.

Lost in his thoughts, Jungwon almost missed the entrance of the convenience store. He quickly got in and grabbed Jay's favorite snacks. He also picked up some drinks. He paid and left, hurrying back home.

~

"It tastes a bit weird" said Jay, eating his favorite cookies.
"I know. You'll get used to it I promise" said Won.
They were both sitting on Won's bed, with a blanket on their legs.
"So how are you feeling?" asked Jungwon.
"I'm feeling less lost I guess. When you were out, I drank a bit more of the drink you gave me. It helped me feel better" answered Jay. "What is this drink? Is it blood?"
"It's actually a beverage we drink instead of blood. It's easier to produce and it is safer for us." explained Jungwon.
"I don't recall seeing you drinking something like this" said Jay.
"I was easier for me to take its equivalent in pills, more discreet" replied Jungwon.

Jay nodded. He had so many questions, and he knew Jungwon would answer them all, but there was something he needed to do first.
He looked up and saw his boyfriend opening a bag of sweet, in the most cute way possible.
"Are you doing this on purpose?" he asked, smiling at Jungwon.
"Doing what?" said Won, intrigued.
"Being so cute that I want to cover you in kisses, of course" said Jay, as he leaned towards Jungwon.

~

"We should head back to the dorm soon. We have to work tomorrow" said Jungwon.
Jay nodded to hide his shame. He had forgotten about the dorm, the members and overall everything that wasn't Jungwon.
"So what's going to happen?" asked Jay, worried.
"You don't need to worry about being with them. We'll share the pills and you'll be fine. If you feel overwhelmed, let me know and I'll help you" replied Jungwon, reassuring him.
"Do you think they'll notice something?" asked Jay.
"No, they won't" he said smiling. "You'll see, it's going to be easy. Just act like you always did during the day, and during the night -"
"Wait" Jay interrupted him. "What did you do all these nights?"
"I waited for all of you to sleep, and then I'd dance, listen to music, watch videos, write little notes for you, admire you sleep and eventually hug you while you slept" answered Jungwon.
"So we'll be able to do whatever we want every night without anyone knowing?" said Jay excited.
"We just don't have to get caught" replied Jungwon, offering Jay one of his unsuccessful winks.