Chapter 1: Writer, Regressor, and Reader

I. Writer

A woman stepped out of the portal. She arrived in the past Seoul, where the Scenario hadn't taken the influence of the world.

"Alright, I've come this far... You better prepare yourself for the better, Dokja".

With the help of the Dokkaebi, she could find her location. She moved to the apartment and lived next to her door, without her knowledge. She changed her identity and lived using her mother's name, Han Youra. Han Sooyoung could not change her love to write, thus she still worked as the Writer here. One day, when she heard the loud thuds from the door next to her room, she barged and gasped when she found out what happened. Han Sooyoung tried, she really tried to persuade Lee Sookyung to not do this. She could become the witnesses, faking it as the assailant of the robbery. However, Lee Sookyung was too stubborn. She persisted to sacrifice herself and let herself be framed as the murderer, as the part of her atonement.

"Like mother like son, huh?".

She sarcastically thought about it, before Lee Sookyung asked her "Can you do me a favour? Han Youra-Ssi, please... Take care of my daughter".

Yes, daughter. She also didn't know why, but Kim Dokja was a female in this universe.

Then, as long as Lee Sookyung atoned her Sins, Han Sooyoung took care of Kim Dokja ever since she was 11 years old. One day, after she went home from the grocery with a bag of ingredients for meals this day, she saw Dokja staring at the ledge.

Wrapping her arms around her waist, she pulled her "Where do you think you staring off? Let's go home".

Hesitantly, her smaller hand squeezed hers and she nodded numbly "Okay, Han Youra Unnie".

II. Regressor

He died. Again.

Not that matter, though. After all, he could regress and go back to the past.

He would wake up in carriage 3707 in this 4th regression of his and-.

Something hard landed on top of his torso, along with a cheerful sound "Oppa! Wake up! Wake up!".

Opening his eyes, Yoo Joonghyuk groaned and woke up "Mia...".

Wait. Something was off.

Looking at his reflection in the mirror, he found himself, not his adult version, but his teens' version.

What the actual hell?

Yoo Joonghyuk wondered what made him enter the 4th regression in this time, far in the past? He only found out the reason, probably, when he found Kim Dokja in his school as his Junior.

III. Reader

"We are here!".

The opposite with my guardian, Han Youra's excited manner, I simply nodded my head. Han Youra Unnie had told me that we would move to another city and I would enter the new school because our old place was bad. Without telling me, I knew it was because of what exactly.

As if she was reading my mind, Han Youra Unnie crouched in front of me and smiled apologetically "I know it must be hard lately for you, Dokja. However, let's try in this new place. Okay?".

When I only nodded my head numbly, with those sad eyes, Unnie pulled me into her embrace and leaned her forehead on my forehead "Don't give up. Don't forget, I'm still here".

"...Unnie, why did you go such length to help me?".

Patting my head, she smiled "Because you are just like a sister for me".

It was hard, yes. However, for Unnie, I would try to endure it, no matter how hard it would be.