Day 6|II

A typical principal's office, was my immediate thought as I sat there.

Slipping in had been pretty easy with only a few teachers and staff on the ground. With Chief Naomi's directions, I found the admin office. Even it was dark and desolate.

What I assumed was the secretary's desk stood in the middle while the administration's offices spread out around it. Shinning white floors mirrored the artificial light through the office. There wasn't any windows facing outside, just ones next to the doors to offer a sense of comfort/doom to those who unfortunately had to sit in there.

The principal was at school though, already in his office which was slightly larger than the others.

President principal was a middle-aged African American who, as expected, was dressed smartly. His beard had flecks of grey but otherwise he looked, pretty much, like a dad bod. Especially with his emphatic smile and coal colored eyes.

"Your guide will be here shortly, hopefully. Do I need to lecture you on our morals and rules?" He smiled, jokingly. I shyly shook my head, offering a small smile. "Thank God. Now, I do expect you to join one of clubs. Your father told me you played soccer back at your school so I expect to see you there."

Would I try out for soccer? I hadn't thought that far yet with everything that has been going on. But this was my last year. Next year would (hopefully) be another city, a new new start and I might not get a chance to. I'd have to come back to that.

"Ms Brooke, right on time. Meet Alice Hadley." My eyes widened as the president introduced us. She was bloody gorgeous.

A blonde bombshell with green eyes. A splash of freckles on her nose and wow. If I had thought that my outfit was good, then hers was perfect. A loose, wholly white jersey hung off one shoulder exposing her flawless skin. Paired with a grey checkered pants turnt up and white sneakers, she looked really good.

She smiled and held out a hand. "London."

I rose and took it. Firm. Powerful and beautiful.

"Show Alice around and keep her out of trouble please." President coyly smiled, leaning on his elbows. Then he turned to me. "Enjoy your stay here at Moirai, you're a clover now."

"Clover?" I asked as we made our way down the hall to my locker. People paused their conversations, their eyes fixing on me, adding to my nervousness.

London, who had explained a few things about the school and now was going to introduce me to her friends, waved it off. "It's his play on Moirai, the fates. It's sort of his way of saying that we're defying fate like four leaved clovers."

Ahh. "Strange man." I said aloud. She laughed and agreed. She was about to say something when someone called for her.

He was tall and cute. I started to wonder as I accessed him if the president had made the popular girl escort me around. No way was everyone around here this obnoxiously good looking. But with his slightly grey eyes and curly, jet black hair, he was just that. Good looking.

In another world, I would have gone after him even though I had immediate suspicions that he could've been a player. However with my track record with a certain ex and the hot boy who happened to make me incredibly horny, I didn't want to risk adding a third to the mix.

His big smile greeted us. He quickly looked at me but said nothing, turning to London. "Are you coming?"

London rolled her eyes playfully. "Good morning to you too, Bran."

He shrugged her sarcasm off and turned to me. "Good morning. There, happy?"

London sighed, exasperated already. "Alice, this is Bran. Stay away from him, he's an idiot."

"Her." Bran agreed. I was starting to think he wasn't so much of a player by the way he spoke with London.

"What?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Her idiot." He smirked before an elbow lodged itself in his side. He pushed London's arm away and rubbed his side, laughing. "Anyways, you didn't answer my question."

London paused, considering. "Yeah, anything for Harry."

My head whipped to her. "Harry Malakai?"

I should've kept my mouth shut. Especially by the puzzled look London gave me but Bran nodded before she could say anything.

"We and a bunch of our friends are hosting something at the beach." He explained.

"You know him?" I immediately asked, deciding to not give London a chance.

He opened his mouth to respond but London's hand immediately covered it. "Not so fast there, gorgeous. Let's not get you wrapped up in Harry's drama in the first five minutes of your first day, okay?"

I inwardly grumbled but conceded. Bran rolled his eyes and smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, London is just worried after what happened yesterday."

"Yesterday?" I raised an eyebrow. Could this be why Chief Naomi asked me to watch him?

London gave him a stink eye but Bran either didn't notice or care. "Yeah, he and one of our friends got arrested when he destroyed a pharmacy."