The cabins for the guys and girls are separated, which I guess I understand, but for someone like me, that doesn't seem to help. Thankfully, I'm not sharing a cabin with Brenden or any of his posse. It seems that my AP Bio teacher is a fucking angel sent from above because she rooms me with some kids from the chess club.

Since Scout "looks" like a girl, they get placed in the girls cabin. They may be uncomfortable being categorized that way when they identify as non-binary, but the school doesn't seem to give a shit about that. They never gave a shit about the bullying I received for being gay, so that doesn't fucking surprise me.

The first day of the field trip is just traveling, settling in and eating dinner, so Friday night is lonely and boring. I wish that I could talk to Axel. I've been thinking about him a lot, and I'm regretting going on this trip and not being able to see him. We usually spend Friday nights cuddling in bed- after we fuck, of course.

Spending the night in a strange bed with three antisocial humans is basically torture. I don't want to say the wrong thing, and I find myself being transported to a time when my insecurities ruled. In this new environment, and without my mate or pack friends, I get discouraged.

When Saturday morning rolls around, I thankfully wake up refreshed and ready to attack the day. I can do this! I just have to get through today and tonight, and then Axel will pick me up and hold me in his arms tomorrow. I'll get to smell his unique pine scent and listen to his low voice that makes me feel so many tingly emotions.

The day is long and surprisingly interesting. I pair up with Scout and a few people they said they "don't hate," so we all go collecting certain roots and bringing them back to the main cabin area between the boys' and girls' cabins. We have to compare them, record their properties, and then soak them in a certain chemical and measure their chlorophyll levels. It's kind of interesting, but after dinner, I'm fucking tired of looking at green shit.

The only green I want to look at is Axel's eyes.

Dinner is an option of hot dogs or hamburgers, and obviously I pick hot dogs.

I like wieners.

Scout chooses a vegetarian option, and after we eat, I say goodbye and head back to the cabins. It's almost eight at night, and curfew is right at eight when everyone should be done with dinner.

Eight seems early, but when you're in the woods with minimal light, it makes sense not to be wandering around. Well, for the humans, anyways. The werewolves can see fine, but it has to be fair for everyone.

I decide to go to bed early. I mean, the sooner I go to sleep, the sooner I'll wake up and get to see Axel. However, I find myself tossing and turning as I think about him more and more. I fucking miss everything about him. I feel a physical pain in my chest at not talking to him at all today.

You know what? Fuck it.

I get out of bed, making sure to grab my phone. I'll bet that if I travel far enough, I'll find somewhere that has a little bit of service. They already did bed checks, so I just need to sneak out of the cabin without the humans suspecting anything.

I actually kind of like how their hearing isn't as great as a werewolf's would be. They don't hear a thing as I sneak out of a window on the second story, leaving the window cracked so that I can get back in the same way.

The only sound I make is the light crunching of leaves under my bare feet. I make as little noise as possible. I check left and right, making sure nobody sees me. I already took my contacts out, but my glasses allow me to see enough. With no chaperones watching me, I run east, hoping to find a break in the trees where there will be service. After fifteen minutes of running around, I can't find a single bar.