20

You woke up feeling the pain in you side beginning to hurt once again, your eyes shot open as you sharply inhale through your teeth.

"I know, I know it hurts.. I'm just making sure your bandages aren't too loose, okay?" A voice whispered softly to you.

When you looked up, you saw Schlatt sitting next to you, wrapping a new set of bandages around your waist. "Looks like I'm not the only one with a wounded side anymore, huh?"

It was obvious he was trying to lighten the mood a bit, but seeing the pained expression on your face just made him frown again. "Right, jokes are Charlie's thing. I'll keep that in mind." He said with a sigh, before finishing up with the bandages and slowly standing up.

Upon further inspection you realized that you both were in a hotel room. From the looks of it, it was only you two for now.

".. Where are we..?" You managed to asked, biting your tongue slightly. "Where are the others..?"

Schlatt looked down at you and smiled a bit, a sigh escaping his lips as he walked over, beginning to dig through one of the bags that were sitting on the other bed. "We're about.. two states over? We were driving for about 12 hours and decided to just stop." He sighed.

Hearing that made your eyes widened. "12 hours..?" You said with a gulp. ".. How long have I been out?"

"Almost a day." He said as he grabbed a bottle of pills out of the bag, opening it up. "You were starting to make us worry. It's almost 8:00 at night, so Ted, Charlie, and Minx went out to get some dinner. I can call them now and tell them to grab you something, if you wanna try to eat."

All of this information nearly made you feel dazed, you rubbed your head slightly. ".. How long have they been gone..?"

Dumping about two of the pills into his hand, he sighed and screwed the lid back onto the bottle. "They left a few minutes ago. Told me to stay here to make sure you were okay and to keep an eye on Tommy."

As he talked he grabbed a water bottle and headed over to you, placing the two pills in your hand as he opened the bottle. "Take those. They should help kill the pain a bit."

Slowly nodding you carefully took each pill, taking the bottle from him and getting a drink as you did. All of this hurt, but you just did your best to be strong.

"Speaking of Tommy.. where is he..?" You stuttered a bit, trying to keep your hands from touching your side.

He slowly sat next to you and placed his hand on your forehead, which only caused you to tense up a bit. His hands were so cold, and honestly you couldn't tell if it was because you were hot, or if he was really just that cold. "He's in his room." He said with a sigh as he moved his hand to your cheek. "We booked two rooms. Ted, Charlie, and I have been staying in here with you. Tommy and Minx took the other one so they could each have their own beds."

"Speaking of that, I'm gonna go grab him, alright? He's gonna hang out in here while the others are gone." He said softly, before standing up.

You gave a slow nod and laid back a bit, a small sigh escaping your lips. "That's fine. I'll.. be here." You said softly. "And if you don't mind.. could you call the others like you said and ask if they can get me something to eat, too?"

Nodding a bit, Schlatt chuckled and gave you a small smile. "Of course. Wouldn't just let you starve." He stretched, before heading over to the door. "Be right back." He smiled, before leaving the room.

Laying there in silence, you honestly began to feel a bit useless in a way. Just laying around, doing nothing. It annoyed you in a way, you were always used to being able to get up and help out with things.