09- Safe Again

He was jogging through the woods at midnight with me clinging to him for dear life. I think he was headed to Lincoln's. He must be taking me back to him. I look up at Bellamy and see him struggling to breathe. He starts to walk so he can catch his breath.
"Why are you doing this? I'm not gonna tell you anything!"
"I know. You don't deserve to be up there chained up. I was gonna do this last night but when i came back I thought you were dead. Look I really am sorry. I never meant for you to get hurt this bad. "
I don't say anything to him. We reach Lincoln's and
I point him to the entrance and as we're walking in i make sure to tell Lincoln that's it's me so he doesn't attack. I say "Lincoln I'm back, it's me." In trigedasleng. Bellamy walks around the corner still holding me and Lincoln jumps to his knife.
"She's hurt really bad. Please help her." Bellamy says while dropping to his knees and puts me down on the ground.
"Lincoln it's okay he helped me escape."
Lincoln lowers his guard and drops beside me.
" what happened? Where were you."
Bellamy and I look at each other and I try to think of an excuse.
" I came back and saw you lying on the ground so I made sure you were okay and went to look for Octavia. I was attacked by a reaper with a whip and fell into a a ditch. I lost the reaper but my back was torn up. Bellamy found me and took me to their healer." If I had told Lincoln that Bellamy kidnapped me and tortured me he would have killed Bellamy on the spot. Lincoln looked confused but he believed me. I flipped over and signaled to Bellamy to raise the back of my shirt. Bellamy lifted up my shirt and Lincoln's eyes widened at all the scars. He got up and got some medicine. Bellamy started to get up to leave but before he did I handed him the white flower he gave me.
"So you'll remember me and what I said about new beginnings." I gave a small smile then flipped my head the other way that wasn't facing him. I didn't see him but I heard him get up and leave.

Lincoln came back with the medicine and rubbed in on my back.
"Myren would kill me if he saw how you looked."
"Why? Ive looked worse." I giggled a little.
He smiled and said," if he knew that I let you get taken prisoner by outsiders and tortured. He would kill me here now." I looked at Lincoln real fast and he looked back.
"You obviously lied to me for a reason. I could tell you didn't want me to know that he was the reason your back looked like this.Don't get me wrong we're gonna get revenge but I'll wait till your not looking."
I was kinda worried but he smiled after it so he must've been joking. I hope.
" What about Octavia? There's a reason you followed her down that hill and took her in." He went back to looking at my back. " she needed help that's all."
"Uh huh sure." We both laughed and shared our old stories to get my mind off the pain. But after a while he just let me sleep. Oh I felt that I could sleep for days. Just plain ole sleep.

I woke up the next day, a few hours after our mid day meal. And Lincoln was cooking the rabbit he had caught earlier.
"Good morning. I got this rabbit ready whenever you want it." I was super hungry and I felt better. I tried to get up but Lincoln stopped me.
" uh your not getting up right now you can later but not right now. I just put some more herbs on there and they need to sit for a while." I nodded and took a piece of rabbit he handed me. It was so delicious. I haven't had good food since the time my mother cooked a deer. I ate most of the rabbit and then Lincoln said, "While you were sleeping the sky people attempted to meet with Anya and arrange a piece treaty. But one of the sky people fired on a trikru in the trees."
"Anyone die except the trikru in the tree?"
I said hoping he wouldn't say Bellamy's name.
"No he was the only death."
I sighed and then Lincoln told me I could try to get up. He grabbed my arm and helped me up. My back felt much better. He helped me walk around until I could stand on my own. I went outside to soak up the fresh air and to smell the flowers. I went to a flower field and just laid in the field for an hour until Lincoln came up to me.
"I've got to go to the gathering tonight. Do you want to go or stay here?"
"I'm gonna stay here but after it's over tell me what happened. And don't mention Bellamy or anything about me being kidnapped." He nodded and headed towards the village. After awhile of laying in the field I ended up going to the river a few yards from Lincoln's and look for the white flowers. I found a whole bunch of them and picked them up and took them back to the cave.
Half an hour later Lincoln came back with a new jacket. So I wasn't walking around in a sky people jacket. I slipped on the new jacket and ask him how it went.
"Indra said that they found one of the sky people across the border the other day. They tortured him and they infected him with that disease that makes you bleed out and gives you a fever. They're we're about to let him go when I left. They're hoping he will go back to the camp and infect the rest of them."
" But Lincoln that disease will kill them."
" That's the point. They are attacking tomorrow at dawn." Trikru is going to kill them all. They show no mercy. But that's only if they survive the disease.
"Lincoln we have to Save them. They won't know what hit them. They're just kids. What if it was me. And you knew I was gonna die for sure. You would come get me. That's what he have to do for them."
"Danielle we can't. They could've killed you the other day."
"Yeah but Bellamy saved me. He's the only reason I'm alive. And now he's gonna die and I'm gonna have to live with knowing that I could have saved him." I started crying because I realized I let another important person in my life die. I have to get Bellamy and tell him what's going on.
Lincoln wouldn't let me go back though. He thinks it's too risky and sky people aren't his favorite right now. I had to leave without Lincoln noticing.
" I'm just gonna go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning." He nodded to me and went to wash his face in the river.
In the room I'm staying in I can wedge through the rocks and get outside without Lincoln realizing I'm gone.