Chapter 13 : Shuru Hoon Tumse Hi, Aur Khatam Bhi Tumpe Hi

Start from the beginning

She was wearing a fancy anarkali, her hair in a loose bun, with some strands loose, his favourite ruby woo lipstick and big jhumkas. Manik noticed her bridal glow.

She sat down and both the families exchanged gifts. Manik hardly concentrated on the rituals because he was busy looking at Nandini.

"Dear jiju, Nandu ka aisa na ghooro. Itne obvious toh mat bano." Navya teased.

She was totally in her Dulhan ki saheli mode, like she promised and had become a pain in Manik's ass.

Manik groaned and cursed under his breath while everyone laughed. Nandini couldn't hide her smile too, earning a glare from Manik.

They had decided to do two to three ceremonies on the same day, to save time. So next, the engagement was held. Nandini had given her ring away to Shreya the day before, for the ceremony. Amms had bought a Platinum wedding band for her grandson-in-law. It was a lowkey affair so they quickly exchanged their rings. Manik didn't want Amms to spend a lot on the ring but she did, by the looks of the ring.

Next was the Chunni ceremony. Shreya had taken the responsibility to give all the gifts to Nandini from the groom's side. A bitter feeling crept in Manik's mind, as he remembered his so-called mother.

"Mat soch. Be happy. This is a good moment." He heard Cabir say.

He looked at Cabir, wondering how Cabir knew what he was thinking.

"I just know. Dhyaan de tu usspe." Cabir said, pointing towards Nandini and patted his back comfortingly.

Manik nodded looking at Nandini. Nandini's head was covered with a traditional red dupatta, which was apparently passed on from generations to generations in the Malhotra family.

"Bahut sundar kudi hai." It was Manik's paternal grandmother. Yes, Manik's relatives, who were estranged, had come back in touch. The reason why everyone was so distant was Nyonika. But now that she was away, everyone started talking again. Manik felt like he had a family. Maybe not perfect but he did have them.

"Yeah Nani! Bhabhi looks so pretty!"

"Alanna, I am not sure how she would react if you call her Bhabhi." Manik said to his cousin Alanna, Shreya's daughter.

"I'll try my luck Nik Bhaiyya." She said in her broken accent.

"Manik, tujhe kaise itni sundar ladki mil gayi?"

Manik sighed. He thought his uncle was done taking his case.

"Shantanu, kabhi kabhi miracles ho jaate hai." Shrikant said to his younger brother.

"Wow dad, thanks." Manik said.

"I like these two." Cabir said, pointing to the elder Malhotra brothers.

"Shut up." Manik snapped.

----

The entire group caught the flight to Mangalore for the main wedding. It was going to be like a vacation and everyone was in their holiday mood.

"Tum shadi attend karne aayi ho, world tour nahi." Dhruv told Alya as she was all dressed up with shades and a fancy hat adorning her head.

"Dhruv!" Alya cribbed. She was six months pregnant and her belly had grown considerably, and her mood swings were a nightmare. Mostly because she couldn't wear most of her fancy outfits.

"Chill Alya. Chal, we'll go to the beach." Nandini offered. Alya agreed to go with her.

"Man, she is one of a kind." Dhruv said, lying on Manik's bed.