Chapter 6 : Celebrations!

Long chapter! Hope y'all like it <3

-----

3 weeks later.

The Murthy household was lit up and the lounge room was all decorated.

"I think everything is perfect," Rishabh said.

Nandini nodded. She called to check if the cake was ready and then called Manik to pick up the cake on his way.

"Kanna, tum dress change karlo!" Amms said.

Nandini palmed her face. She had gotten so busy with her work that she had forgotten to get ready.

"Haan Amms. Achha aap zara Chacha ko call karo aur pucho vo dono kahan hai. Baaki sab bhi aa rahe hai." Nandini said and ran to her bedroom.

After much thought, she decided to wear a saree, to surprise her Chachi. After all, her Chachi had been requesting her to wear a saree for a long time. After dressing up, Nandini went downstairs and saw Manik setting up the cake. Cabir, his Mom and Mukti were with him.

"Where is Dad, Manik?" Nandini asked Manik about his father's whereabouts as they headed to the kitchen to find candles. Nandini had started calling him Dad too, over the years.

"He's outside, on a call." Manik said, checking her out. Nandini realized that she was being watched and looked at Manik.

"Stop looking at me like that. We are not alone." Nandini whispered, sounding scandalised.

"You stop looking like this, then. Saree kyun pehenkar aayi? So sexy." Manik got hold of her pallu and pulled her. Nandini stumbled and almost stepped on Manik's foot, but he caught her by her waist in time.

"Manik!" Nandini laughed.

"Listen, can we like...sneak out?" Manik asked, looking around to see if anyone could see or hear them.

"No. It's their day na. And they love us. So no sneaking out." Nandini instructed, poking his nose.

"Fine! One kiss?" Manik asked, with a pout, leaning towards her.

Nandini shook her head and pressed her finger against the tip of Mani's nose to push his face away from hers.

"One kiss is all it takes-" Manik began singing loudly and Nandini ended up giving a big smooch on his lips to shut him up before scurrying away with a giggle.

-----

"Listen, I can see them. Switch off the lights." Mukti whispered, running back to her friends. All of them stood quietly in the dark, waiting. Finally the door of the lounge room opened and Nandini switched on the lights.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled.

"Aiyappa! Dara diya mujhko!" Venkatesh exclaimed, keeping a hand over his heart.

"Haye rabba! Kitna beautiful lag raha hai sab! Thank you!" Shanno said. Nandini stepped forward and hugged them both.

"Happy 21st Anniversary!"

"Haye, meri soni kudi! Kitni pyari lag rahi hai!" Shanno said, holding Nandini by her shoulders and admiring her.

"Nazar mat lagao apni beti par!" Venkatesh said, elbowing his wife.

"Haan haan! Woh toh hai." Shanno replied.

Everyone wished the couple and they cut the cake. Amms blessed her son and daughter-in-law.

"Mujhko nahi pata tha ki aap aaoge Amma." Venkatesh said.

"Rishu ne flight ticket arrange ki aur main aa gayi." Amms said, patting her grandson's head.