Chapter 13 : Shuru Hoon Tumse Hi, Aur Khatam Bhi Tumpe Hi

"To Nandini!"

"To Nandini!"

Everyone clinked their glasses together, cheering. They were in Hyatt, where the success party for Nandini's album was held. One could hear one of Nandini's songs playing in the background, her soulful voice enhancing the lush ambience of the venue.

Nandini could hardly get a moment to herself. She had to constantly meet people because Guruji kept telling her to talk to people. After all, she had to maintain contacts in the industry.

Nandini, finally tired of talking to strangers, decided to join her friends, when she saw someone in front of her.

"Hi...Madhyam." Nandini greeted formally with her 'people-smile', a term Manik used for the smile she wore when she greeted people she didn't like.

"Hey...hi. Umm...congratulations. I listened to the album. You did a great job. DJ was super proud." Madhyam said, trying his best to not make a lot of eye contact.

"Thanks Madhyam." Nandini said politely. She could feel Manik's stare, knowing very well that he must be glaring at Madhyam hard enough to burn a hole through that guy.

In no time, Manik was by her side, clutching her waist.

"Oh, nice to meet you, Madhyam." Manik said, tracing circles on Nandini's waist over the silky fabric of her outfit.

"Same. Congrats to you two, by the way. Have a happy married life." Madhyam wished.

"We definitely will, thanks Madhyam." Manik replied, plastering the fakest smile Nandini had ever seen on his face.

"Yeah, I'll see you later." Madhyam left, not wanting to make it more awkward than it already was. Both of them watched as Madhyam walked away and left the venue, totally judging him for even daring to approach Nandini.

"Can you not intimidate him like that?" Nandini turned and asked Manik, annoyed. She slapped his hand away discreetly. 

"Intimidate?! I was being friendly, okay?" Manik said, putting his hands back into his pockets.

"Friendly? Right." Nandini shook her head, scoffing at his ridiculousness.

"Ah! There they are! The power couple!" Mukti said as she rushed to the stage and grabbed a mic.

"Guys guys guys! Here! Yes, thank you. Like we know, Nandini has a very successful album right now." There were hoots and applause and Nandini felt embarrassed and positively overwhelmed at the same time.

"We also know that the power couple is right here, stuck to each other." Mukti pointed towards them and Nandini palmed her face. Mukti or Cabir always made sure to embarrass them at events like these.

"I swear I am going to bury her alive." Manik said, gritting his teeth.

"I'll join you." Nandini replied, grinning but in a sinister way which was enough for Manik to know Mukti will get a kick or two.

"So why the hell aren't they on stage, singing their song 'Hamesha'?"

And so, they were forced to come on stage. Manik raised his eyebrow, asking her if she was ready. She nodded and fixed the headset, placing it's mic properly before flashing a smile at Manik.

A few seconds later, the lights went off and a soft guitar tune started playing.

The spotlight was on Manik, holding out his hand and singing his lines, as if waiting for Nandini to come.

Shuru hoon tumse hi aur
Khatam bhi tum pe hi main
Rahunga hamesha

The spotlight was on Nandini as well and the hall's lights were dimmed as the focus was on the couple, who were deeply in love.