Chapter 13 : Shuru Hoon Tumse Hi, Aur Khatam Bhi Tumpe Hi

Start from the beginning

Hum jo mile, toh aisa lage
Jugnu main bhi hai taare base

Nandini walked towards Manik and held out her hand, to let Manik hold it. He pulled her closer and she placed her palms against his chest, both of them swaying as both of them sang.

Saari khushi uss pal main basi
Jis pal main dikhe teri woh hasi

Manik and Nandini had their eyes only on each other, as if no one else mattered. Nandini had a big smile on her face. She couldn't have asked for more. Life was good.

Manik spun her around a couple of times before pulling her close again, her back pressed to his chest. As the music score played, Nandini laid the back of her head on Manik's shoulder, feeling at peace. 

Dhaara ho jaayega taara
Saath agar na ho hamara

Nandini sang her lines, her eyes expressing nothing but love and respect for Manik. He was her person.

Hum mile toh pura hoga
Tara mera aur tumhaara

It was Manik's favourite song till date and he took immense pride in the fact that it was Nandini who came up with it.

Pyaar nahi toh gham aur khushi
Dono main hi kuch lagti kami

Everyone watched them with admiration and envy. It was a well known fact that Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy were truly made for each other. They looked absolutely magical.

Tu paas hai toh ehsaas hai
Ke saath rahega hamara
Hamesha!

The way both of them looked at each other was enough to conclude that they didn't care about what people said about their relationship. They had lost themselves in the song and in each other.

Shuru hoon tumse hi aur
Khatam bhi tumpe hi main
Rahunga hamesha

Manik sang his lines, as he spun her gracefully. He pulled her to himself, his hand around her tiny waist.

Shuru hoon tumse hi aur
Khatam bhi tumpe hi main
Rahunga hamesha

Nandini ended the song with her soulful voice. She did not take her eyes off Manik, who was extremely happy that he was so lucky that he had Nandini by his side.

-----

Offers for Nandini started pouring in the following week. As much as she would love to take them up, she wanted to wait for 4-5 months so that she could start her married life peacefully. She totally wanted to enjoy the first few months of her married life and then get back to the drill.

They didn't realize as time flew by and it was the end of September already. It was time for their official Roka and engagement, which was to be held in Mumbai itself.

Manik wanted a lowkey wedding without any media intervention. The special moments were reserved only for the couple and their loved ones.

Nandini's house was happening as it had the Desi Shaadi vibe. Everyone was running around.

"What the hell is going on here?" Manik muttered as he entered the Murthy house.

He looked for Nandini but she was obviously in her room and Shanno would not let him meet her. Maybe he should wait.

"Aa gaye! Chalo chalo sab! Shuru karte hai." Shanno said.

Everyone moved away and Manik and his family sat down, for the Roka. Manik heard some whispers and he looked upstairs as he saw his bride walking downstairs with her friends.