Chapter 4: Dating

hoonie hyungie: [sends a selfie]

hoonie hyungie: how do i look?

Me: good morning to you too

Me: and to answer your question

Me: you look like you

hoonie hyungie: well damn

hoonie hyungie: thought i looked like your boyfriend :)

Me: um...

Me: did you have breakfast yet?

hoonie hyungie: nope

Me: i can tell

Me: that's just hunger hyung

Me: drop by the cafe before you go to work

Me: jungwon and jake hyung baked new muffins

hoonie hyungie: is this you asking me on a date? 👀

Me: nope

Me: but it can be one if you want it to be :)

"Why's your boyfriend here? I thought dates are only allowed when Jay is around?" Jungwon narrows his eyes in suspicions, his baker hat sitting askew on top of his head.

Blatantly ignoring the prodding question, Sunoo places a plate of freshly baked muffin and a cup of hot vanilla latte on a tray, walking past his friend to Sunghoon's table.

"Here." He carefully slides the plate and cup in front of the older who finally looks up from his phone. "Eat this and leave."

"Can't you be nicer with your words?" Sunghoon comments with a slight shake of his head and a small smile. "Come sit here for a second. Let's share." He pats the space beside him but the younger plops across from him instead, legs and arms crossed, his back leaning on the chair as he glances at the clock.

Mornings, contrary to popular belief, aren't as busy as afternoons. But there are still a decent number of regular customers who drop by to grab their to-go's so Sunoo has time to relax a little.

"Hey, you okay?" Sunghoon lightly raps his knuckles against the table when he notices the younger zoning out at the wall clock behind him as if counting down the time. He slices a forkful of muffin and silently offers in front of Sunoo, who mindlessly opens his mouth to take the bite.

"Yes," Sunoo answers, chewing. "Just waiting for someone."

The older raises a questioning eyebrow at that, his fork halting mid-air. "Waiting for who? Don't tell me you have a date?"