Chapter 12 : A Shoulder To Cry On

Start from the beginning

"Nandini...we can't...do it here." Manik said, breaking the kiss. Nandini almost laughed at how reversed the roles seem to be. It was always her reminding Manik about their surroundings. But at that moment, she just didn't give a damn.

Nandini looked to her right. Manik followed her gaze.

"No." Manik said.

"Yes." Nandini replied and stood up.

"We can't have sex in the store room!" Manik said.

"Why not? We can always do something new." Nandini suggested, shrugging.

"There is a reason why you shouldn't drink." Manik sighed.

"Just come. Don't be a killjoy. Don't you want birthday sex like every year?" Nandini asked, grabbing him by his collar.

"I do...but don't you think a bed would be better for us? Things get pretty rough sometimes."

Nandini said nothing and dragged him to the store room.

"Keys?"

"Under the mat." Manik replied.

"Smart."

She opened the door with the keys and looked for a proper place. There was an old couch.

"Perfect." Nandini said.

She latched the door and pulled Manik to the couch.

"Looks like I have to take the lead." Nandini said and went down on her knees.

-----

At 6 AM, after a short nap, Manik woke up. They had found a cozy blanket in one of the closets and used it.

"Nandini...subah ho gayi." Manik shook Nandini, smiling at the way she had curled up on the couch.

"Hmm."

"Wake up. We need to go inside." Manik said, getting up. He looked for his clothes.

"Yeah...Manik, I am cold, where are my clothes?"

"Down there. I'll get it." Manik got off the couch and picked up their clothes which were scattered in the spacious store room.

"I need some sleep." Nandini said.

"Yeah, we'll sneak in and then you sleep. But let's get out of here first." Manik said and they slipped out of the store room. It was drizzling a bit, as it was August.

Nandini decided to drink some water and headed to the kitchen, with sleepy eyes. She did not notice that the kitchen wasn't empty.

"Nandini...what happened?"

"Mukti? Tu yahan kya kar rahi hai?" Nandini asked instead, subtly trying her best to place her palm against the hickey on her neck.

"Coffee?"

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I heard a loud thunder so I woke up. What about you guys? I didn't see you two before going to sleep."

"We went for a walk."

"We went on a long drive."

Both of them replied together.

"You two had sex, got it." Mukti said with a straight face, rolling her eyes.

"Mukti!" Nandini snapped.

"What? Bachhe ho kya tum dono? Jhoot bhi bolne nahi aata." Mukti said.

"Nandini, you call me a one track mind. Have you seen this pervert?" Manik asked, scoffing and proceeding to pour a cup of coffee for himself.