Chapter 12 : A Shoulder To Cry On

Start from the beginning

"Okay, ouch." Manik said, slightly offended by Nandini considering him callous.

"I...mean...I am the granddaughter of Kishori Murthy, known for her melodious voice in her days. I am almost Manik Malhotra's wife, who was a rockstar in his college days. I feel like people will talk."

Manik looked at her with a ridiculous expression. To him, she didn't make sense.

"That's bullshit."

Nandini looked at him with a frown.

"Tum kuch bhi bolti ho. For a smart woman like you, you don't make sense sometimes."

Nandini rolled her eyes.

"I don't know why you are insecure about your music. You shouldn't be. Suna hai khud ko kabhi? Your voice is very soothing. You know, when I started liking you, I hadn't heard your voice that much, but when I did, especially when you sang for me, with me, I fell more for you." Manik confessed.

Nandini looked at him, not knowing what to say. Manik was capable of shooing all her anxieties and worries away, just with his presence.

"Really?"

"Really. Meethi Boliyan? It was hard for me to accept that you were actually pretty good. Of course, that Manik wouldn't have accepted that."

Nandini chuckled and scooted closer.

"Nandini...thank you for the guitar. I love it. Especially the star design and a hidden 'M&N'. Creative."

"Thanks. I am glad you love it. Manik, jaise tum mujhpe bina soche spend karte ho, let me at least try. I like gifting you too."

"I know. I shouldn't have said things the way that I did. I am sorry."

"It's okay. So...there's a reason why I was a bit obsessed about the guitar."

"What?"

"I am planning to get back to music. Like, to the industry."

Nandini snapped her neck towards him as he confessed.

"What are you saying?! Aiyappa! This is not a prank na!"

"Arre hum main se itna vella nahi hai koi ki prank karte rahe. Why is this always your first reaction?"

"Because you pranked me with that fake break up thing, remember? I am scarred for life." Nandini said.

Manik would never forget that. He remembered how Mukti gave him a dare once, to do a fake break up prank on Nandini. Fortunately for Mukti and unfortunately for Manik, the couple had recently fought. So it was very believable. It only took five minutes for Manik to make Nandini cry. Scared of further consequences, he told her it was a prank, and Nandini actually threw him out of the house and didn't talk for an entire day.

"Yeah, I still regret that. Anyway, this is for real. I talked to dad about this. Actually, remember when we talked about music, while we were working on our song?"

"Oh yes!" Nandini replied excitedly.

"Tab se soch raha hu iss bare main. I don't think coming back to music would be that bad."

"This is perfect! I love you Manik! I am so happy that you initiated this." Nandini said, hugging him.

"I would also like to initiate this..." Manik suddenly changed the topic, leaning closer.

"What?" Nandini asked in a low voice, looking at his hands, which were grazing her arms.

Manik pulled her into his lap, taking her for a kiss. Nandini clutched his hair tightly, wrapping her legs tightly around his waist.