xv. trips to paris

--

{Taylor jumped into the bed and squeezed her eyes immediately. Her mind shifted from dreams of exquisite wine and strangers with beautiful faces. Taylor slept her way through the day easily and soundly. Nothing could prepare her for what was going to happen. She had no idea how to act at these types of social gatherings. This was becoming a grand adventure indeed.}

--

Paris, France

The ball was hours away, and Taylor found herself wrapped up in a modern day fairytale. Her imagination ran wild. So many scenarios ran through her mind, of meeting a gentle Frenchman. Or being swept away by a stranger. Harry was in the back of her mind. She was not worried about him, not yet. She thought if she could get through the beginning of the party, she could slip away and socialize without his watchful eyes.

After Harry had left their room, Taylor was free to get ready. She stumbled into her closet, half awake. Clothes from her suitcase, had already been put away. She went through her closet, swiping each dress out of her way. Taylor's hands stopped at one particular dress.

It looked elegant and not too revealing. It was a shining black, and fit just right. It wrapped tightly around her waist. She imagined this would be something Cinderella would wear to a ball. She slipped it on and spun around. The dress rose just above her ankles. She applied mascara and some black eyeliner. Her blue eyes were a new shade of blue they'd never been. She looked in the mirror and felt herself flashback in time. To wearing her first summer dress and running around her house. Her mother laughed and she finally had put the annoying video camera. Taylor sometimes left her mind drift off to the thoughts, what would her mother think of her life now? Big black cars and flashing lights. Jets to cities she'd never been to, shiny floors and golden chandeliers, but none of it ever felt right.

--

Harry moved himself to an extra bedroom to clean himself up. He had known Taylor would've wanted her privacy and it saved him, yet another fight he would lose. Wicked thoughts, he'd kept trying to push aside only intensified. The last time he was in Paris, his life had been so much easier. Winning over people's minds and being able to have his way with whoever he wanted was a routine.

A part of him missed the life he had once lived. Though little things about this new life had intrigued a new interest in his life. Prior to this everything had been a game, but Taylor had changed his bad habits. Habits he had never wanted to break.

After looking in the mirror and he found that everything seemed to be falling apart. Daydreams of Harry's old life had filled his mind. Harry had been more than angry that Taylor had someone to love, and someone to go home to at the end of a day. Harry never had that. Before any of this he had never wanted that. Seeing Taylor happy with someone else shouldn't have bugged him, but it did.

Something about Taylor had stuck to him. Whether it be her passion in everything that she does, there was something there, and even he couldn't deny it was contagious. Gradually Harry saw himself becoming a better person. Throughout the day he would wonder what would Taylor think if I did this and he'd make his choices because of it.

The worst part about it all is he wanted her so bad, it wasn't just lust anymore. Harry needed something to make him ignore this need. Attachment has and will always be the greatest weakness he will ever have. Harry had put his mind to getting to her tonight, nothing would stop him. Both knew it was going to end in flames. Only God would know if they would burn in their flames.

--

Everyone met at the bottom of the golden staircase. Ella wore a graceful red gown. Liam and Niall, both had classic tuxedos. Taylor began to walk down the golden staircase and Ella was the first to yell to her.