xx. coffee dates

--

{"Are you mine?" Harry's eyes narrowed to Taylor's waiting for an answer. Taylor played with her thoughts for a way to get out of this situation.

Taylor didn't squirm out of his grip like usual. She found herself gazing into his eyes.

"Not tonight." She pressed her lips to his softly then pulled away leaving a trace of her warmth on his lips. Taylor squirmed out of her way and regretfully walked back to her room and locked the door behind her.

Every night was getting harder and harder. She knew that soon enough one of them would be dead or naked by the end of the night. That was a story she couldn't help but wonder how he would react.}

--
Cabin House Cafe, London England

A faint hint of a something new was in the air the morning at the café. Today was the day Jake was flying in. Taylor had gotten up easier than most mornings and dressed herself nicer than usual.

The morning hours slipped by with not as much business as usual. Taylor couldn't say she wasn't happy with the lack of people filing their way into the café. She barely got more than three hours of sleep, all she could manage to see was Harry. She hoped that seeing Jake would change her mind on it.

A large figure stepped through the doorway around noon. Her dark depleted eyes stood out in the hazy setting of the café.

"Maze?" Taylor whispered in disbelief. Maze hobbled over to the counter almost as if she was trying to hide a limp.

"I thought you weren't coming in today?" Taylor questioned. Maze seemed to not even hear Taylor. She was simply in a daze staring off into space.

"My son did not come to visit me today, so now I'm here." Maze spoke quietly. Taylor nodded as maze grabbed ahold of her arm. She sat with Maze down at one of the booths by the window.

The outside was almost as depressing as the inside. Slowly rained droplets moved outside the window as if they were racing one another. Maze's cold hands were shaking. Taylor grabbed ahold of her hands and she seemed to calm down a bit.

"I'll get you some water." Taylor smiled kindly getting up to fulfill her promise. As she dropped in three large ice cubes, the bell that hung above the door rang twice. That meant someone had walked into the little cafe.

Taylor still shuffled around for a moment as she yelled to the register.

"I'll be with you in a moment. The menu is on the left and the special today is-" She stood up only to be amazed at the ever so familiar blue eyes standing before her.

"I think I know what I want."

--

London, England

Today was Harrys last day in London for a week or so, he had some business to attend to in Los Angeles so he would be away from Taylor for awhile.

Perhaps destiny thought it was for the best. Taylor needed time to think and Harry needed time to relax. The thought of Taylor not being near him, it caused a whirlpool of doubt in his mind.

A quick series of knocks came from Harry's office door.

"Come in." He instructed running one hand through his hair as he shut his laptop screen. A fragile old lady stepped opened the door carefully as a genuine smile appeared on Harry's face.

"Harry dear." Rosie's gentle voice echoed through his office.

"My goodness, you look like you haven't slept in years!" She worried. Harry let out an easy laugh. Harry had noticed brown files were being gripped tightly in her hand.