Episode 8: Pandora's Box

A/N: Thank you, my bubs for 3K reads already! You guys are amazing. Enjoy the update. 🖤

Episode 8: Pandora's Box

"White guys."

What Jamie had said was a big fat lie.

Her past lovers (not that there were many of them to begin with) came from all spectrums of the rainbow. She had dated based on a guy's personality and compatibility with her after all — not because of his skin color.

So to say what she had said didn't align with her past actions was an understatement.

It didn't matter though.

It wasn't like the man in front of her knew the details of her life like that.

And that was what counted in making her statement valid.

She wanted him to feel like he was in a category by himself.

And not the good kind.

Jamie wanted him to feel like he was on the opposite side of a line she would never cross. One that she had never dared dreamed of taking a shot at because it just didn't match her palate.

The woman candidly agreed that this was one of the most vile things she's ever said, and she knew it.

However, there was no coming back from this.

She stared at him, eyes not giving away the guilt that was slowly eating away at her.

Her expectations of his reaction were met in a much more successful manner than she imagined.

Toni was livid.

He felt like there was acid manifesting in his throat from how bitter he felt from the inside. It traveled to the surface with each passing moment he looked at her arrogant little face.

Toni hated how much there were telltales of how true that was based on her ex-boyfriends.

All of them had been the same race as her. At least based on what he's seen that has been the case. Because of that cold fact he wanted to shut her fine ass up and show her what she's been missing out on.

It was low of her to bring color into this and he knew the moment she did, she regretted it but they had come so far into this argument they couldn't turn back now.

He had hurt her feelings by saying that he wouldn't sleep with her even if she was the only woman alive.

Toni knew she wanted revenge and only said it because it was one of the things he hated hearing the most.

He had grown up in a predominantly black neighborhood because of his mother's relationship with his past stepfather. The guy was a dimwit and introduced her to things a middle class girl like her never knew about at the ripe age of twenty-one in comparison to him, a dirty thirty year old who had already lived past his quarter life crisis.

For that said reason, she found solace in a man who knew it all versus what she was exposed to before—a boy who had knocked her up at a frat party and left her with a baby she didn't have the guts to get rid of. This was mainly because of her Catholic background. But also due to the fact that his mother was always a coward and feared his grandparents.

Thus, Toni was born into the world to a bunch of people who never really planned for him or wanted him in the first place.

It was fairly expected, but he felt completely out of place even in his own household that it wasn't a surprise that school offered him the same reality.