Hug me

I hold my boyfriend tight. The world has changed. We knew it was coming and yet we did nothing. We were slow as well. The world changed and was more exposed than ever. I shift in our bed. Trying not to rock it. His fast asleep as I worry. I wonder what it was like. When they weren't scared of climate change or the way we have now.

I met my boyfriend in a special need school out in the sea. We were just on a floating school off the coast of Britain. We were pondering life. Imagining living on the land. That was nearly a decade ago. Before we got together. He wished he see the world like in the early part of the twentieth first century, I cry when he says that.

You would think I would be use to living in the sea. I prefer land, more stable. I can get strangely sea sick if it moves in the waves. I'm on an old pier that is spread out it to little walk ways. Like a tree. All our needs are mostly in the water.

"Hi" I say to the dreamy cute guy next to me. He smiles and pulls me in sleepily. He plants a kiss on my head, chuckling.

"Hi sweetheart" he replies. "I love having our own place" that I can agree with. It is great a little space to ourselves. And we have more space to grow things, like tomatoes to potatoes. I nod in response to him.

"I know. I love being with you" as I leaned in to kiss him.

"What do you think it was like living in big tower blocks?" he asked out of the blue. He smiles at me.

"I don't know" I signed, flopping down again on the bed. "It was along time ago" I answer.

He shifted a bit. "We messed the world up. And now we are paying the price. I know you want to live on land" he sighs. "I wish we could do it". I smile. I'm glad I got a place with him. And the authorities were happy with us living together.

"Stop looking at the negatives. We have come so far with social changes" I snap to the man who just woke up. "We have almost no new wars for the last ten years. And there are more educated people out there". His eyes widened. "We have manged just manged to slow climate change" I smiled and lean in to him a bit. "And we are better at manging food waste" I whisper as he shudders.

I suddenly hear a knock. "You in?. I got jam and carrots" I hear my mum yell.

Disasterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें