𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘯𝘪𝘥

Start from the beginning

Yelena widens her eyes and stammers. "Wh—she's the one who wanted to fight."

Wanda blinks in disbelief, opening her mouth as if to say something, but chooses not to. Instead, a red energy surges through her fingers and the living room is slowly cleaning itself up. Yelena stares in awe.

Anya glances at Yelena before exhaling in exhaustion, walking towards her to offer a hand. Yelena stares at her hand for a moment before accepting it, and she pulls her up.

"I've been looking for you for ages." Yelena winces at the ache of her body, still watching with wide eyes as Wanda cleans the place.

"Well, you found me. Congratulations." Anya stumbles to the sofa and grabs her decanter, drinking straight from the mouth. "Are you here to offer to take me back to New York? Because the answer is no."

"No, I'm here because Strange has been hiding you for the past six months, and I want to know why." Yelena crosses her arms as she stands with a wince, and her Russian accent is evident.

Anya scoffs in annoyance. "Why don't you ask him that? I'm sure he'd be delighted to answer you."

Yelena sighs in defeat. "I came here because the rest of the Avengers were all looking for you. I needed to know if you're safe." She pauses. "That, and I missed you."

Anya dryly laughs. "If that was true, then you would've come to see Nat and I when we were literally being displayed to the fucking world. Don't bullshit me and say that you didn't know where we are, because you knew exactly where, and you still didn't come." Yelena goes silent now, and Anya shakes her head at her. "And now you come back, when Natasha is dead."

Yelena flinches and averts her eyes from Anya. Anya had nothing else to say, and at the same time, Wanda returns the dagger to the wall where it belongs. "Who's she?" Yelena asks.

Wanda and Yelena stare at each other, as if sizing each other up.

Anya exhales, taking a tissue to wipe the blood from her face. "Wanda, this is Yelena. Yelena, Wanda."

Yelena nods at Wanda as a greeting before her eyes glint with recognition. "You're the one behind the whole Westview thing."

Wanda crosses her arms and says nothing.

"Caused quite the buzz at the Avengers Compound. Everyone's looking for you, too. But for a much different reason."

"Okay, hold up, you were at the compound?" Anya asks in surprise. "The compound got destroyed when Thanos arrived."

"It's back up again, you know. Six months is a long time."

"And you were there because?"

"I told you. I was looking for you. When I got there, a lot of protests were happening. People demand for the Avengers to be held accountable for what happened at Westview. There were actual riots. They're calling for your arrest," Yelena looks at Wanda. "Do you not have television here?"

"Any gadget emits a signal that can be traced. So, no. No television, no phones, nothing." Fortunately, Anya learned all of that from Maria Hill. SHIELD was very careful with their tracking devices.

"You're telling me that you've been living here for six months and you never checked the news." Yelena raises an eyebrow at Anya.

"Didn't feel like we needed to."

Yelena nods in such a sarcastic way. "So, you don't know that Wilson is the new Captain America?" She asks, and Anya's lips part in surprise. "Or that Peter Parker's identity was revealed to the whole world?"