Chapter Thirteen - Know your Enemies

Start from the beginning

"Are they friends?" Em asked us

"No." We replied

"Hanna's right, we need to find proof if we want Agent Cooper to stay." Spencer changed the subject. I would have to speak to Mike later about this.

"Thank you Veronica Mars?" Han replied sarcastically.

"That proof may be boxed in your kitchen." Em whispered

"Hey." We turned our attention to Maya. Em smiled and stood up

"Are we still okay for later, meeting up?" Maya wondered. The four of us shared smiles with each other

"Yeah, my mom knows how my Dad feels about us." Emily nodded in agreement. If you really knew Emily you would know that internally she was freaking out beyond anyone could really imagine and that sometimes it would spill over into the real world.

"In other word she'll tolerate us." Maya summarised catching Emily's drift.

"She's spending the day in the city, okay, so you'll be safe." My phone buzzed, I looked at it.

Tick tock goes the clock till I spill my secrets -A

My smile dropped as i stared at that message everyone continued talking but started to feel nauseous. My internal world was both spinning and reeling at what was going on. My turn at the torment, solo round.

"Erica are you okay?" Hanna wondered with concern on her face. I shook my head.

"I feel sick." I ran off and into the bathroom, I emptied the content of my stomach.

"Erica? Erica are you okay?" it was Aria. I flushed the toilet and stepped out the three of them looked worried.

"I'm fine, must have been a bad mac and cheese." I freshened up. "I have to get to my locker and class" I left the bathroom and went to my locker as I was heading to class I saw Toby.

"Toby?" he stopped and looked

"Hey Ri."

"Keep moving." The officer grunted and they did I followed them and Toby got his things out of is locker, when he went to go some of the other kids stepped in front of him.

"Murderer." I stomped over and grabbed the kid.

"Can it, idiot." and shoved him away. Then i turned back to Toby.

"I will talk to you later yeah?" he nodded and then left. When he did everyone was staring at me.

"Try me I dare you." I scowled. Everyone looked away, except the girls. I headed past them and went to English. My phone dinged

Won't play? Others Will -A I frowned at what it meant but I got on with the rest of my day.

------

Aria and I were decided to was home, well actually the car was in for repair . So... but as we did we saw Hanna outside Lucky's eating. Aria said she had Physical therapy today. We headed over.

"Hanna?" We asked

"are you okay?" I wondered

"Oink, oink." one of the lacrosse players teased

"Don't you guys have practice or did you loose your balls." Aria whipped. They laughed

"Scram, now!" I growled. They got up and left I turned to my twin, and rested my hand on her shoulder for a moment.

"you gotta have a little more edge to be intimidating." We sat down with our best friend.

"I thought you had physical therapy?" Aria wondered