Chapter Thirteen - Know your Enemies

Start from the beginning

"Let's get to school. But first coffee, need coffee." He laughed and we continued walking. We saw Emily and Spencer outside the grill.

"Mike, will you get the drinks." He nodded and went inside. I touched Emily's shoulder because Spencer was on the phone.

"Who is she talking to?" i whispered and sat down

"Hilton Head, she thinks that Ali was there with Ian the summer before she disappeared." she told me.

"So you're all of the Toby train. I'm cool with this." I hummed and leant back in my chair and cross my legs.

"Toby's still lied as well you know." Spencer added covering the phone.

"If lying was a crime we'd all be in jail, Spence." i retorted, Emily nudged my arm and looked over to the door. Agent Cooper was back coming out with a coffee.

"Agent Cooper, good morning." Emily smiled

"hi, Beautiful day, huh." I nodded a car pulled up looked over to where it stopped and Hanna got out.

"Look who traded their wheels for heels." I joked

"Funny, they're flats but they are ferragamos." she sat down next to me. Aria asked me where I was I told her and she sent and ok.

"Thank you." Spencer muttered

"The food here is to die for. I'm missing it already?" Agent Cooper commented looking up to the sky on the nose day we were having so far.

"Are you going somewhere?" Hanna wondered

"I came here to find the person who killed your friend. Toby Cavanaugh may be out on bail but he's not leaving town and we have a solid case against hm. Unless you have a reason for me to stay" I bit my tongue and didn't say anything

"Guess we'll see you around then." Han smiled and Cooper left just as Mike came out.

"I got us some food too, since we didn't finish breakfast. Look I'm meeting with some of the guys Catch you later.' He handed me my coffee and food then left. We all turned to Spencer.

"So?" Emily asked

"Ian was defiantly at Hilton Head the same weekend Ali was" I felt a spark of hope that we could clear Toby's name. We met up with Aria at school and told her what Spencer had found out.

"Agent Cooper is not some small town cop who's gonna arrest Spencer's brother in law because Ali carved his name into a tree." Hanna pointed out.

"Yeah, a tree that's no longer there." Aria added as we all sat down in the cafeteria. I poked at my food before I began to eat

"No one knows the but us." I pointed out with a mouth full of pasta. School food wasn't horrendous, but it wasn't all that good either, today was a decent day because it was Mac and Cheese.

"and Ian"

"And A" Emily and Hanna added. We all looked to see Noel outside in the court yard. He was messing about pretending to be the big man as usual.

"Noel lead us to that tree for a reason." Spencer stated as everyone for a moment stopped to glance at him

"Is A..." Aria started but amended herself "Is Noel, trying to help us find Ali's killer?"

"Noel, helping someone other than himself that would be a first." I commented as I reached for my water to have a sip.

"how could Noel even know about Ian and Ali?" Spencer wondered, Aria snorted

"Have you ever noticed Noel is always around."

"Dude is a snake. Granted a snake that hosts the best parties but always a snake." I looked back over to him and he stopped Mike as he was going inside.