Chapter Twelve - Salt Meets Wound

Start from the beginning

"Okay despite the fact her whole leg is in a cast and she was run over. But she's Hanna so, she's styling it out with a brave face and a great smokey eye." I chuckled

"At least she's on the mend."

"Do you know when you'll be back? And how long you'll be staying?" he sighed

"Not yet, but as soon as I do you'll be the first to know." The door opened and the thee of them came out.

"Look I gotta go but I'll talk to you soon. Love you Bye." I ended the call.

"Hey, what's going on I thought we were staying over?" I questioned pushing myself up of the car, and holding my arms out.

"Hanna doesn't want us to." Aria shrugged. I shrugged and we got into our cars and left.

-------

"Ri! Where's my lacrosse stick?!" Mike shouted from upstairs as Dad came into the kitchen.

"By the door, where you left it. Breakfast!" I called back 

"Erica, you do know I'm the parent right, It's my job to take care of you not the other way around." Dad tried to joke.

"Dad, I'm not in the mood for this trying win favour back with eldest daughter. I have a tone of things to do." he sighed

"I was just..." he tried to talk but I interrupted and ignored him.

"Mike get your ass down here and eat." I shout putting his plate on the table "Ria, you too!"

"Erica stop." he grabbed my arms "Look, I know you hate me, but please meet me halfway I'm trying to mend things."

"You wanna mend things?" he nodded

"Switch places with Mom, you move out she moves back, then we'll talk." I shrugged him off. There was a heard of footsteps and scratching of chairs.

"You know that won't happen."

"Here's what going on Dad, the fact you cheated on Mom pisses me off, like it would any child of a cheater. What makes me fuming and what is even more unforgivable than that is you manipulated Aria who then did it to me. a year later that came back and bit me in the ass. You following me around like a puppy looking for forgiveness isn't going to fly with me because you're the adult and you should have known better." I pointed at him with spatula

"Parent's make mistakes."

"A mistake is something like forgetting a lacrosse game, or letting work take over your life till you get a reality check, or you kiss the student and released crap that was a mistake. Yours was a dick move and it seems like I'm the only female around here that making it known to you and has the balls to say it. Sorry won't work on me, you made me feel like I was in a living hell and rotting inside with this secret. Your torment from me will be longer." I grabbed my plate and went to sit down.

---------

Aria, Emily and I were sorting out homework for Hanna. Emily tried to give more books to Aria.

"oh, Maybe we should just stick to one book, Hanna doesn't really do well with stacks unless there catalogs." I chuckled.

"Erica did you really mean why you said to Dad this morning?" Ria wondered I sighed

"Yeah. I get it, people cheat, it happens and I would like to think I would practice what I preach about kicking said cheater out. God forbid I cheated. But that's not what gets to me it's how you deal with it. He got caught, by us and what he did he shouldn't have done. I felt like I had let myself and Mum down. You know I try and avoid him at all cost but there is only so much you can do when he still lives with you. I don't go looking for conflict it comes looking for me." I saw Maya approaching.