#5- Irises Tainted With Lust (18+)

"Ryuzaki, for God's sake, can you stop typing and get the hell to sleep?" Light groaned angrily, kicking the duvet off of him, letting it tumble onto the cold floor.

In the long weeks that the two men had been handcuffed together, both of their faces had sunken deeper with exhaustion, their eyes smeared with more darkness, and their tolerance levels for each other declining all the way to a solid zero.

"Why, Light-Kun?" L murmured, not even glancing up from his computer screen.

Light couldn't believe the sheer nerve of this man. He had been screwing with his patience all week long, and now he was going to be the reason why Light wasn't going to get any proper sleep.

"Because," Light began to sneer through gritted teeth. "I'm trying to sleep, as any normal person does at three in the fucking morning. And with all your damn typing, I can't sleep peacefully."

L chuckled at Light's irritation. "And how is that my problem that you can't sleep?"

"'Cause, you're the one who's making all the racket! Idiot!"

"Actually, right now, you're the one making noise, Light-Kun."

Light hit him square in the face with a pillow. L pretended to be hurt, rubbing his head with a certain tenderness.

"Ouch. That hurt, you know," he teased through a wide grin.

The auburn-haired man smirked. "And how is that my problem?"

"Because you're the one who hit me," L said matter of factly.

"Gonna cry?"

"No, but I think it's my turn now," L exclaimed. Within a few seconds, Light's face had a pillow stuck to it and a very gleeful-looking L beside him.

"I didn't hit you that hard, Ryuzaki!" Light said, flinging the pillow off from his flushed face.

"I can do it again if you like," mused L.

Light's gaze averted from the man's charcoal eyes to the floor, muttering something under his breath. "Yes please."

L's head perked up.

Fuck, did he really just say that out loud? He groaned inside, knowing that he would never hear the end of it from L.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing. Anyways," he said, turning away with his cheeks tainted rosy. "Since you stopped your stupid typing, I can sleep now. G-Goodnight, Ryuzaki."

Raising a brow, L was now livid with curiosity. "No, I want to know what you said, Light."

Light huffed impatiently. "No. Now, please shut up and let me forget that I'm handcuffed to such an aggravating asshole."

Pouting, L wasn't about to back down, especially not to Light. "But I want to know what you said, Light-Kun. Please?"

Light swung around to face the guy who was causing his blood to boil with frustration. "Shut up already! I said no."

"Aw, why not?" L teetered with a smirk cinching onto his expression. "Is it maybe because you're embarrassed by whatever it was that you said?"

"N-No, why would I be embarrassed?" Light stumbled, feeling a strong urge to hit L with a pillow again.

"If it's not because you're embarrassed, then what else could it be?" L pondered, having a pretty modest clue of what he had said already. If he was being intimately honest, he just wanted to see how mad he could make Light, how far he could push him.