Chapter 7

It's been a while, sorry I've been busy. I'm always pretty busy, oh well. If you guys haven't read my other story, The Mating Tournament, you should read it. It ties in with this story in some way. ;)

Chapter 7

I ran hard in the opposite direction of the Alpha and the Beta, knowing running into them would be no good. But it was getting harder, I was running out of options. There was no way I could hide on the ground from them for long, not with their growing numbers. The females who were mated would give me up without a second though, being to loyal to their mates and Alpha.

But staying in the trees was also going to be difficult, I couldn't just keep hiding in the trees it would make survival much more difficult. No food to be found up there, and sure as hell no water. I wasn't trained in sneaking around and hiding, I was taught to fight. But a fight between me and a high ranked wolf would be useless.

The minute one of them got my scent I would be done for, they could track that basically anywhere. Either way, it seems as though I've reached the end of my rope.

I'm stuck here in a circle or trees covered in snow, with wolves paroling around 24 hours of the day. The Alpha being hell bent on finding his mate, I wish they would just find her already. What's so important about a Luna anyway, they aren't important to the whole dynamic of the pack. Maybe I suppose they would be needed for an heir to the Alpha position, but any women could provide an heir.

Again, my rambling distracted me from where I was going, and considering my circumstances that wasn't the best idea. I had been running towards the center of the arena and I could see the pack house in front of me, as well as the pack members walking about it.

I climbed into a tree so I could observe, maybe staying close to the enemy would be safe, they would never suspect that.

There were men and women walking all over the place, everyone seemed pretty relaxed and if I focused hard enough I could hear some if their conversations. Which were, no surprise, about the women who hadn't been found yet.

"We are still missing about 7 women, although how they have managed to evade us I don't know, Jack."

"I saw one girl running though the forest, she had the reddest hair I've ever seen. How she hides in this forrest I don't know."

"Shilo and Jed said they think there might be a few hiding in the trees, but they didn't officially see anything. The Alpha pretty much disregarded them."

Well, shit. I thought I had out-run those dimwits. Well I suppose the trees aren't going to be a suitable hiding spot anymore. But without them I'm out of options. There is nowhere else to hide where I wouldn't be cornered.

I could almost convince myself to just walk into the pack house and act like I owned the place, but after a while I doubt that would work. Although, none of these wolves so far have seemed that smart.

"Let go of me!"
"Keep your hands to yourself!"
"Put us down!"
"We don't deserve this, leave us alone!"

Men came walking in with females draped over their shoulders, only to be put down and surrounded by all the, assumingly unmated, males. One by one, being scented like the other females were in the clearing.

"Someone call the Alpha! We may have found her!"

There were chatters going on everywhere as people gossiped about these new arrivals, trying to decide who was the Luna out of them all. The red-head that was spoken of before was among them, and I would have guessed by her steely gaze that she would be the Luna. She seemed strong enough to put up with an Alpha males constant attitude, something I learned from growing up as an Alphas daughter.

"Out of my way, move."

The Alpha came strutting through the encampment towards the women.

"She's here, I feel it."

It's going to be the red-head, I called it.

He went along to smell each women gently pushing them to the side when he didn't find the one, until he came to the red-head.

Until he placed her to the side like the rest.

Well then.

He growled lowly.

"Beta. I don't understand. She's here. I know she's here."

His gaze swept through the crowd and his brows were furrowed. He was undeniably handsome, even with his aggravated look marring his features.

He lifted his nose into the air and began to scent the air, and slowly started stalking something.

In my direction.

I turned to flee, jumping across tree branch to tree branch. But I heard growls under me.

I was being chased by the Alpha.