Chapter 2

Dream Phase

The clash of swords clashed behind Morgana as she made her way up the small hill towards the castle ruins.

It was almost time, for the gate to be opened. Ignoring the roar of battle down below, she entered the ruins. The heavy winds lifting her cape into the air. She barely felt it, her anger, and hatred kept her warm.

Searching the ruins, she looked for the wall that had the star carved into it. Finally finding it, she pulled the dagger from her boot. And muttering the language in her old tongue, she cut into her hand. Letting the red blood slowly drop onto the pentagram.

Seeing the space in front of the star shiver, she smiled. Her red stained lips stretching as an insane light entered her green-eyes.

“MORGANA!”

She jerked around, her eyes widening when she saw her half-bother at the entrance to the ruin

s. He held his sword awkwardly as he used his other hand to cover a wound.

Feeling a heat form her other side, she turned her attention back to the star that now had seven symbols glowing in front of it.

Licking her dry lips, she quickly pressed each one in a certain sequence. One they all turned white, she watched as the melted back into the stone.

It was done. Once the gates opened, they would all be swallowed. All she needed to do, she raised her hand the amethyst stones of her ring g\flashed.

But before she could press it into the center, a bloody hand grabbed her shoulder.

Pulling her around, she fell back and quickly scrambled to her feet.

Her acidic green meeting, angry blues.

“Dear, I do not bid you good eve.” She said, her eyes flickering to the wall.

His eyes crackled with a barely held rage, “You witch. You speak of wishing good eve, when the very chaos that has cursed our land is your doing!’ He yelled, raising his sword towards her.

“HA!” She scoffed, her attention now focused on her half-brother. “It’s not I brother who caused the battle that rages.” She threw her arms wide, encompassing the area they stood in. “Its you who allowed that whore, to stay by your side. It is you who believed that flea beaten rouges every word. Out of all those arse kissers I’ve been true to you and all in my intention!”

“You’re intention is to see everything I wish for destroyed!” Her brother shouted, despite the blood that was almost pouring from his side.

She laughed, the madness in her eyes catching him of guard. “Be calm brother. My revenge had come to end as the two you believed in are now dead.”

Her bother roared and charged, his sword pointed at her abdomen. She closed her eyes, and jerked back when she felt the sword pierced her side.

“Argh!” Her bother screamed, his eyes wide in horror. “Why did you not move?!”

He screamed as he watched blood slowly slip from between her lips. Morgana shuddered, she reached up, her hand trembling. “Ah, Brother, you’re love for me is your curse” 

Her knees weakened and she fell, her brother quickly caught her in his arms. Frantically he pulled her close, as Morgana tried to stay awake. He rocked her, gathering her close to him, despite his tears she slowly faded.

“R-release—y-yourself.” She coughed, her eyes closing, “Don’t love me--and don’t l-l met in the next life l-lo-im..” She went still. The screaming of her half-brother still in her ears as she fell into the fiery flames of death.

Dream phase ends

Rising from my bed, in a cloud of hair and groggy morning breath. I tripped my way into bathroom, wincing as my two met the edge of a book that I left on the floor. The cold marble flooring was an almost rude awakening.

Staring at my reflection, I groaned when I saw the dark circles under my eyes. Lifitng a hand, I pulled the edge of one my nappy curls and watched as it snapped back into place.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled off my shirt showing my oaken colored stomach. Tossing my shirt into my hamper, I jumped into the show, and turned on the water. The cold water caused me to shiver, but I didn’t have time to complain.

After I was done with my morning routine. I skipped down the steps, smelling the bacon air, I eagerly rushed into the kitchen.

Walking over to my mom, who was flipping pancakes as she chattered on the phone with her boss.

“Dave, the case isn’t that simple…Oh, save it I’ll do the interview.” She growled, pulling the phone from her ear. She laid it on the counter. As I took a seat, she walked over with the frying pan and tossed the pancake onto my plate.

“Good morning, are you ready for school?” She asked, looking over me.

I nodded as I attempted to drown my pancake in syrupy goodness, “I luckily told them to deliver my uniform to my locker, so I can change into it once I arrive.”

My mother nodded, and plopped into the seat across from me. We were similar when it came to our short stature, but where my mother had rounded out with age. I was still thin, thanks to a heavy metabolism. Which my mother loved to tell was going to disappear one day.

Taking a bite of my sweet goodness, I pointed my now empty fork towards the seat at the head of our table. “Dad?”

She rolled her eyes, “He stayed up last-night translating some documents he’s received from Harvard.” She started eating the food on her own plate, “I told him, he should rest and continue but, you know how he is.”

Nodding, I took another bite. My father was a professor, who specialized in the Athurian age, and he was one of the top translators of the old text. I knew a little bit of welsh thanks to him reading to me when I was little in a bid to knock me out…didn’t work.

Seeing the time, I stood staring sadly at my left over pancake, “Well, tell the old man I love his crazy prof self.”

She nodded, laughing at my name calling. Quickly I grabbed my backpack where it rested by the door, from where I’d tossed the night before. Running out the door, I stopped to take a deep breathe of the morning air, wincing when my hands felt the chill.

My back rested against the garage door, walking over to my red-lovely I unlocked it swiftly, and pulling to the end of our drive. I hopped on, and started cycling towards Steward Academy.