Chapter 9

A door opened to a dark chamber, the interior seemed to be carved out of the dark-grey stone. A round table sat in the center. A man with long leather clad legs sat at it. His feet rested on the edge, while his dark eyes stared at the ceiling in thought.

"Have you found her?"

His voice came out slowly, but the atmosphere became heavy. His eyes turned to the tall man, who now wore a grey suit, with a black bowler hat that hid his eyes.

He tensed, his leather clad hands tensing by his side.

"I-I have."

"Ah, then bring her in Slender."

Slender nodded, "Yes, Merlin."

He waved to the door, and popped open copies of himself entered with different colored suits. Their hat differing, all hid their eyes with the brim.

Two of Slender's copies entered dragging a women in between them, they tossed her to the floor.

"urgh!"

"Erlina, it's a pleasure to finally see you." Merlin said, from where he stills sat nonchalantly, his black eyes focused on the brunette who was currently getting back to her feet. "Or should I call Nymue, ah," He said as he suddenly dropped his feet to the floor, "Or would lady of the lake be better."

Nymue stood, her green eyes, changing to grey that swallowed the iris, and white part. She frowned, "All those titles have passed with time. As you should have done."

"Pass with time?" Merlin said, as he stood, he turned his widened eyes to her, "Why would I pass with the time of this insignificant realm."

Nymue narrowed her eyes, on Merlin. How had the man become so twisted, he used to be noble. Tilting her head she sighed, "You still believe opening Avalon will return you to your place?"

He laughed, clapping his hands as he walked towards her. His heeled boot clicking against the floor stone. "Return? Tsk, tsk it isn't that simple Nymue." He stopped in front of her, and tossed an amused glance to the Slenders lining the wall behind them. "Would I buy the help of the Shadow Realm, just to return, ah Nymue you disappoint me."

She glared up at him, his now youthful chiseled face, didn't hide the enraged madness in his black eyes. "You will not succeed."

He grinned, shaking his head, "If only that were true."

With a suddenness that took Nymue's breathe away, he lunged forward, grabbing her hand in both hands.

"Where. Is. She?!" He hissed, his breath ghosting over Nymues face,

She bit her lip against the pain, "I—don't know."