Wanda lets go of my hand and hers travel up to the sides of my face, cupping my cheeks in her hands and I get the feeling that we are the only two people left on earth and all I can think of is her in my arms.

Our kiss lives like a melodic piece of music played by an entire orchestra; swelling and crescendoing with all of the musicians playing their instruments to perfection, before it calms and only a few strings are heard. I eagerly pull her against me, wanting to remove every inch of air that separates us; my heart aching for her heart.

"Slow." Wanda chuckles against my lips, her voice low and raspy and I want to do everything but slow.

I smile, feeling her do the same before I suddenly get an impulse and brashly follow it. I bend my knees slightly and grab her by her thighs, hoisting her up against me and she clings onto my neck, a surprised gasp escaping her but she never breaks the kiss. I'm momentarily taken aback by how light she is, but decide to ignore it and stumble towards the bed with her clinging onto me.

When I feel my toes bump against the bed I lean forwards and drop Wanda onto the mattress. She falls the short way down, but as she hits the bed she scrunches up her face in pain and a little yelp escapes her lips.

"Oh my god, I'm so so so so sorry." I instantly apologize, kneeling down on the floor in front of her, holding her legs in place as I watch her ride the wave of pain.

I'm an absolute idiot.

"It's okay." She says through gritted teeth, trying her best to look like the pain isn't as bad as I can tell it is.

"Wanda, I-"
"Don't worry, babe, it's-"
"No, please, I..." I pause, the mesmerizing spell I've been under ebbing away slowly as I return to my senses.

"What is it?" Wanda asks, seeing my expression and she sits up gingerly, one hand on the side of her abdomen, regarding me carefully.

I stay kneeling in front of her, my eyes coincidentally lining up with where I imagine her wound to be on her stomach. A soft hand comes to rest under my jaw, the thumb softly tracing back and forth. She pulls my face up and I am forced to meet her eyes.

"Livvy, please don't blame yourself." She pleads, her voice airy and light.

"I-" I begin, but the ''don't' never leaves my lips. She frowns slightly.

"I'm just so happy to have you here again. Here with me. Safe." She whispers and my stomach turns, but not because of anything good, but because it brings back that feeling of not being in control of my own body and for the first time, I feel a little twinge of fear deep down inside of me.

"Wanda, what did I do?" I ask her, my voice quiet, as if I'm afraid of the words bringing some terrible truth to light.

Wanda sighs, tracing her thumb once more against my cheek before she lets go of my face. I watch her as she gives a small, sad little smile before she shrugs her tray cardigan off her shoulders, exposing her black t-shirt underneath. I don't know what she is doing, so I sit there quietly, waiting and watching. She slowly and carefully pulls her t-shirt up, exposing at first a little strip of pale stomach, then a big white patch of bandaid on one side of her stomach. She doesn't stop but pulls the t-shirt all the way over her shoulders, leaving her in nothing but her sweatpants and a black bra. If this happened under any other circumstance, I don't doubt I would struggle with not staring, but this is not about that now.

I quickly look up at her face, finding her watching me intently. I then look down again onto her stomach. She stays completely still, letting me take it in. I lightly touch the soft bandaid, not quite knowing what it is that I am feeling.

Fire and Smoke - Wanda Maximoff x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara