Chapter-36

It felt as if time had stopped. I could no longer hear the rustling of leaves or the sound of wind hitting the swings. I had stopped breathing and the only sound that could be heard was my heartbeat that was growing louder and louder every second.

I like you. Be my boyfriend.
I ran this sentence over and over again until it made sense to me. Choi Soobin likes me. Is this real?

"I have liked you for quite some time now," Soobin said. He looked away, trying to avert his eyes. Nervous Soobin is so cute.
"You don't have to answer. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable"

I realized I was just staring at him, and he must have thought that I was going to say no which was definitely not going to happen.

"You didn't make me uncomfortable. I was just startled a bit, that's it"

He continued looking away, biting his lip. "Just know that I'm serious"

"I know and I'll be honest with you too," I took his cold and pale hands in mine and smiled at him, "I really like you too"

His head snapped back to look at me and I  smiled at him.

"I like you, Choi Soobin. I like you a lot"

He seemed to have lost in thought and shrugged himself before he digested what I had just said.
"Really? You like me?"

"Yes, I do" I chuckled slightly, looking at the growing grin on his face.

"So does that mean we are boyfriends?" He asked shyly.

Boyfriends. Thinking about Soobin as my boyfriend made my heart do flips. "Yes, we are boyfriends"

Soobin smiled his beautiful bunny smile showing his dimples. That smile that could melt the biggest iceberg, had managed to melt my heart.
The person who I despised all through my school life, never did I think I would fall for him. The guy who i couldn't sit with in the same room for more than five minutes, was beside me, as my boyfriend. Just how fast the night changes, someone who never believed in love, was now holding hands with a boy, hoping that their love lasts forever.

"I like you Choi Yeonjun" he said again, making me giggle.

"I know and I like you too, Choi Soobin" maybe one day, we will be saying I love you to each other, but for now, I feel happy. I'm satisfied.

He leaned closer to me and gently placed his lips on my forehead. His touch was soft and warm, making butterflies erupt in my stomach when the realization hit me, Choi Soobin is my boyfriend now. He belongs to me and this wasn't a dream.
I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso, hugging him tightly, taking in his chocolate smell.

On that December evening, when it was cold and dark, my heart was feeling warm.

...

Soobin pov

I held his hand tightly while walking beside him to his apartment. I could not stop smiling after Yeonjun hyung told me he likes me back. It still felt unreal to me that this gorgeous man was now my boyfriend.

"We are here" he announced when we reached the crossroads where I always dropped him.

"I'll see you soon, I guess" despite us standing right outside his complex, he still refused to let go of my hand which just made me smile even wider, almost hurting my cheeks. He is so cute!

"Good night hyung"

He didn't say anything, instead, he did something I was least expecting. I'm sure I would've missed it if I had even blinked but thankfully, I didn't and the feel of his lips on mine could still be felt. The kiss, more like a peck, lasted for a fraction of a second but it erupted a flame in me. I touched my lips and saw Yeonjun hyung do the same, his eyes wide as if it wasn't him who had pulled my collar to kiss me.

"I-i am sorry. I didn't mean to-"

Before he could finish, I grabbed him by his waist, pulling him closer to me. His face was red and I could see his eyeballs moving between my lips and eyes as if anticipating my next move. Slowly, very gently, I leaned in and placed a small kiss on his lips. I waited for a second, giving him a chance to pull back but when he didn't, I decided it was safe to assume that he wanted it just as much as I did.

It wasn't heated, something that I had hoped, but was gentle and so full of love. Our lips molded together as if they were made for each other. We were in sync and all my thoughts were fixed on the boy in my arms. The boy who, two years ago, had protected me against the school bullies. The boy who, no matter what I did, never bothered to look at me. The boy who never even acknowledged my existence and the boy who never gave me the attention I craved, was now in my arms, kissing me. Maybe one day, I'll let him know how I had fallen in love with him 2 years ago. Maybe that day, I'll tell him I love him and maybe, just maybe he will say it back.

I felt something wet and cold fall on my cheek. I cracked open one of my eyes and saw snow falling. This year's first snow. They say if you experience the first snow with the person you love the most, then the universe will make sure to always keep you two together. Forever.

I closed my eyes and smiled in the kiss. What's funny is that it isn't anything shocking or spectacular, and I don't really know when it began- quietly, after all that time spent together, little by little, ever so gently, I finally realized that the softest spaces in my heart, Yeonjun hyung is in all of them.

____________________________________

Please tell me if it's alright because I highkey feel proud of this chapter.

Ya'll, Yeonbin is official~I'm crying while editing!!

I feel like just 5-6 more chapters to go before I end this book :(

Thanks for reading btw, love you guys loads<3