Chapter-12

Another reason why I don't like working this late at night is drunk customers like this man in front of me at this very moment. He wasn't very tall and had a round swollen belly with zero amount of neck. He reeked of alcohol. It was just 9 at night and he was already wasted.

"I'm really sorry sir but I can't give you anything before you pay me"

"YOU THINK I  CAN'T PAY YOU? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO I AM?"

I scrunched my nose in disgust and tried to stay as calm as possible. Jongseong, Mr. Park's nephew, stood behind me, shaking in fear.

"I'm sorry but please don't make it difficult for me"

"WHAT WILL YOU DO HUH? CALL THE POLICE? IS THIS HOW YOU TALK TO YOUR ELDERS?" He glared at me, eyes bloodshot. I might have looked strong and unbothered but I was actually trembling on the inside. This was the first time a customer behaved this way in front of me.

"I'm afraid I will. I request you to leave or I'll actually call the police"

Jongseog nudged me from behind then whispered, "I'm calling uncle park"

"DON'T YOU DARE BOY" he lunged forwards and grabbed me by the collar. I felt Jongsaeng's hand tighten around my waist, his tears wetting my shirt. That man's grip tightened around my neck making me feel dizzy. I tried searching for something, anything that could save me and at that very instant, my eyes landed on a pair of dark brown eyes of the person I least expected to show up.

Soobin yanked the glass door open and kicked the drunkard hard in the gut. His grip loosened and I took this opportunity to free myself. I saw Soobin punch him square in the face but my priority at that moment was protecting the kid who was clinging onto me.

"Come here, Jongseong. Let's get out of here."  I took his hands and escorted him to the staff room.
"Stay here okay? I'll be back" he nodded and wiped his tears.

Outside the staff room was a war going on. A one-sided war. Soobin was towering over the drunk customer who was now unconscious but Soobin didn't seem to notice this. He kept kicking and punching him, cursing at the top of his lungs. If I'm being honest, I've never seen him like this ever in my life and this side of him was freaking me out.
I tried calling out to him, to make him stop from killing that man but he didn't listen. I started panicking, afraid that he might actually kill him, and what if the police showed up? What if they put Soobin in jail for protecting me?

I slowly walked towards him, dodging his flailing arms, and gently hugged him from behind. His back was sweaty but that didn't bother me. He instantly relaxed and I took this opportunity to free his hands.

"Enough. You have done enough" I whispered.

He turned and looked down at me, eyes filled with fear. "Are you okay? You are not hurt anywhere right?" his hands roamed around my neck and face, examining every bit of me. He wiped my eyes with his big warm hands and hugged me. HUGGED ME? I was too shocked to even breathe because Soobin was hugging me! Since when did he start hugging random people? And what shocked me more was that I was hugging him back! Wait what the heck Yeonjun?

We stood like that for a moment before I parted, wiping my face frantically. My eyes just refused to stop leaking.

"You are fine. It's okay" at that moment I realized that there was practically no space in between the two of us and the way we were standing looked very wrong. To save myself from this awkward situation, I detached myself from him and rushed to the back room, calling for the little boy.

"Jongseong! You okay?"  He was sitting on a stool, head held in his hands. He looked up and ran towards me. I hugged him tightly.

"It's alright. Don't be scared"