❝ Do be careful next time ❞

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I'm this late!?"

- ❀ -

"I can't believe I let time fly by like that!" You muttered vexedly to yourself as you ran past one bystander to another, all the while chewing on the poorly-made French Toast you held in your hand. "What is this?! A shoujo manga!? Next thing I know I'll bump into--AHH!"

"H-Hey!"

You rolled on the pavement, face down on the ground as you stopped. Fortunately, your sorry excuse of a breakfast was still clutched by your hand, though your morning meal should be the least thing you should be concerned with at the moment.

You groaned and sluggishly rolled to your side. You held the crown of your head, massaging it as you sat up.

"Miss, are you alright?" A hand was presented before you, and you looked up to see..

A handsome young man with strawberry-blonde hair and purple eyes.

Though none of those were the ones that caught your attention, because you swore he looked like..

"Karma-kun?" You said absentmindedly, with your head tilted and your eyebrows furrowed together.

The male looked shocked with the name, and looked at you in disbelief. But his startled countenance was quickly replaced by a neutral expression, then his lips curved up to a smile, that didn't even reach his eyes. "Ah, you must have mistaken me for someone else."

"Huh? O-Oh, right!" You clasped your hand around his and let him pull you up. As you were about to thank him, his arm locked around your waist all of a sudden, and you soon found yourself cowering under his scowling glare.

"Do be careful next time." He said monotonously before he let go of you and continued his walk to wherever he was venturing to.

You stayed still and watched his back before he disappeared into the crowd. You were a little confused with his sudden change in demeanor. The way he asked as he offered you a hand, and the tone he used before you and him parted ways, they were different.

"But he's a stranger, and it's not like I'll see him again, so why waste time wondering about that unfathomable guy.." You shook your head and turned around, but bumped into another person yet again.

"Owie.." The person fell on their rear, but you stayed upright.

"Oh, gosh! I'm sorry!" You quickly helped them--her up. She had green-hair tied up to ponytails like a certain blue-haired male's, and when you looked into her eyes, they were a bright yellow.

"Oh!" She exclaimed in surprise. "You're Karma-kun's girlfriend!"

You blinked, "You know him?"

"Of course!" She said with a close-eyed smile. "I'm part of the End Gang after all!"

- ❀ -

It turns out, she was indeed part of your boyfriend's gang. The younger sister of their teacher's girlfriend, and the famous young actress Akari Yukimura, who disguised herself as Kaede Kayano. Almost immediately after knowing, you whipped out one of your sketchpads and asked for an autograph.

"You didn't even realize you were going the wrong way!?" She asked, gobsmacked.

"I have this disease called 'I get lost because the world hates me'."