6: Julia

As I was sitting on my bed my mind was racing, putting the puzzle pieces together

As I was sitting on my bed my mind was racing, putting the puzzle pieces together. Everything is truly starting to make sense. The countless boxes, along with the headboard and mirror, she could afford it because she comes from an extremely wealthy family. Oh, and the sunglasses she probably had those on to avoid getting recognized. And Noir, she did say her brother bought her the car but still, he comes from the same wealthy family too. And it explains why she was so cautious with her words earlier and her reaction to the Beyonce painting. I would be shocked if my roommate showed me a painting of my mom to hang in the common room too. I still can't believe that I just met THEE Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter!

I can't believe she's Sasha's mom!

They seem so opposite, but so alike at the same time. Now that I know, I can really see so much of Beyonce in Sasha, like how they're both extremely private about themselves. I've really got to calm myself down, and not just for me but for Sasha too. Since she is really private about her life I bet she didn't expect for me to find out about her family this soon. I've got to keep this under wraps and not make a big deal about it. I already despise it when people talk about how my mom is the dean all the time. I can only imagine how Sasha feels when people make a big deal about her mom. Looks like it's time to relax, relate, release. I hunched my shoulders over and thought.

Relax.

Yes, you just met Beyonce and rambled in front of her but she's human just like me. She rambled in front of somebody too. She's just a normal person that has a cool job and reputation that gained her a lot of fame.

Yup, just a talented, amazing, regular person. Just like me.

I leaned my shoulders back and took a deep breath.

Relate.

Sasha had her reasons for not telling me. When she came to Howard she wanted to start a new chapter in her life just like me. It's definitely easier to start a new chapter when nobody knows that your mom is Beyonce. That's why she didn't tell me. She also didn't want me to freak out and tell people. I can relate because I know how it feels to have a well known parent.

Release.

I pushed my arms out beside me as if I were pushing away my worries, and I shimmied to get all the bad vibes off. Sometimes you've just got to shimmy off your worries and other emotions. I began to unpack my belongings, starting with my bedding and decorations, because I had more clothes and shoes than anything else, so I would much rather save that for last, maybe if I'm lucky by the time I get to that, my mom will be stopping by to check on me and she'll be able to help me with that.

I wonder if Sasha's mom is going to stay and help her unpack...

Despite my intense shock, I still didn't miss the tension between them. Sasha looked like a deer caught in headlights, more than just the shock of her mother being there. I wonder how their conversation is going? I have a feeling that the reason why her mom is here has something to do with her tear stained face when we first met. I'm hoping that her talk with her mom will go better then the talk I'll have to have with my mom later tonight.