2: Sasha

"Learn something new every day, I don't know so imma feel my way, I'm taking one day at a time, I think I'm handling just fine, No, I can't lie I make mistakes, but I know I'm gonna be okay, got the weight of the world on me, but no regrets this i...

"Learn something new every day, I don't know so imma feel my way, I'm taking one day at a time, I think I'm handling just fine, No, I can't lie I make mistakes, but I know I'm gonna be okay, got the weight of the world on me, but no regrets this is what I say..." -ChloexHalle

Move-in Day/Welcome Week.

"Welcome to Height Hall, name and year please," the older woman said in a slightly aggravated tone, taking Sasha aback for two reasons; one because it was too early for all of that and two, her accent and the tone of her voice was unlike anything she had ever heard before. It was incredibly nasally and southern, and it also had a weathered edge to it; Sasha could only imagine how it sounded when she was younger. Probably like scratching a nail on a chalkboard, because that's how it sounded now only more tolerable.

Sasha cleared her throat to try to shake her mind of the sudden thoughts, "Oh! Uh Sasha Z, freshman," she replied nervously.

The lady hummed in a judgemental way, "Z? Out of all the names in the world to choose from why on earth would you pick a letter for a name? The names weren't good enough?" she asked in confusion but quickly waved the question off before I could answer.

Rude.

"Now I'm aware of who you are and of your recent name change, and for the sake of things I do appreciate that greatly because here at this university we pride ourselves on preparing our students for a successful future while laying the foundation for a lasting legacy. And while I do understand that you come from quite a legacy of your own, please, try not to let yours overshadow your peers. This is a place of learning, not a social media hotspot, ok?"

"Yes ma'am," I quickly responded. Umm...that's kinda why I changed my name sis, and had you given me the chance to explain you would know that, "Although, that's actually why I changed my name, I don't want people to know who I really am, and the less who knows the better we'll all be. I just want to get an education and my degree and experience the college life," I said, deciding to voice my thoughts because it was clear to me that the image she had of me in her mind and the real me were two different things and it was way too early in the game for misconceptions.

She gave me a piercing look before nodding, "Alright, I am Dean Whitley Gilbert, and you will be seeing a lot of me this year. This school is a lot like my alma mater, and I take this position very seriously, and because of that, I hold the responsibility of preparing young individuals such as yourself for the next level near and dear to my heart," she said taking another look at her papers before looking at me in shock, "Wait a minute, you're sixteen?!" she asked me in shock and I nodded, trying not to laugh at the way she said sixteen, instead of 'sixteen' it came out more like 'six-tainge'.