more than words

"I think of you, I'll never be alone, it's true, true true, You know i do..Oh i need you more than words can say, Oh you saved me in ways that i can't explain." -Little Mix

There is a stillness to the air as Gisselle refuses to look at her. Gisselle looks at the sky and the trees and their interlocked fingers instead. Kelly watches her blink and then look away as if something else has pulled her attention, a soft smile tugging at her mouth.

Gisselle is still scarred by rooted, deep wounds, but behind the façade and the barricades is a different person; a better, now happier person.

The winter sun is still high in the sky and the white clouds puncture the vast, cold blue overhead. Gisselle leans out and brushes her hand against the stone. She isn't sure why she does it but it feels like the right thing to do – automatic and respectful. Their newly bought flowers are at the end of a long line. She sees flowers from her colleagues all already in place. She feels a little guilty at not being here before Christmas but she'd had a lot on her mind, asking someone to marry you was a big – okay, it's a huge – deal.

Robyn would get it, she knows that.

"Are you okay?" Kelly queries.

Gisselle sighs and shrugs her shoulders like it is obvious. "I'm okay, I'm glad you're standing here with me."

Kelly waits another ten minutes or so before she untangles her fingers from Gisselle's, bringing them to her mouth to press a kiss against them. "I'm going to start the car, you should take a few minutes to yourself."

Gisselle watches until Kelly disappears out of view and lets out a sigh. She keeps her hands tucked into the pockets of her jeans and she feels her nose getting cold. She takes a few steps away before she back pedals and looks around to make sure no one can hear her.

"You were right y'know, Rob. Kelly is a keeper and she said yes, so I hope you have that new dress after all."

She raps her knuckles against the stone again and over to her right leaves fall from a tree that's so big it looks like it's reaching up into the clouds. When she looks upwards a bird is delicately bouncing back and forth along one of the thick branches that spreads outwards.

The branch remains resolute and then a few seconds later the bird is gone, swooping down towards her and then back upwards into the never ending sky.

-

By the time she gets back to the car she's not totally surprised to see Kelly standing outside the driver's side door, looking like she's about to set off and find Gisselle again.

"I'm here," Gisselle calls as she walks and Kelly's attention flies up to Gisselle from her phone.

"I was just coming to get you."

Gisselle smiles and then leans up to place a kiss onto Kelly's jaw. "You already got me."

"Cheesy line but I won't complain."

"Nah, you better not complain or I'll take this back." Gisselle holds up Kelly's left hand and the diamond that sits on her finger reflects splinters of vibrant light from the sun above them.

Kelly furrows her brows then, unafraid of the futile threat. "You won't."

"You're right, I probably won't."

"It's because you love me, Gisselle."

"I do."

"See, you're even practicing for our big day already. For what it's worth though, I love you too." Kelly tugs at the collar of Gisselle's leather jacket to bring her closer and then kisses her properly and she can feel Gisselle smile into it - of all the kind of kisses Gisselle gives to her that is still Kelly's favourite.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kelly asks when she finally pulls away and there's a cloud of condensation above them from the cold as she rests her head against Gisselle's own. "Because I know how much you miss her."

Gisselle knows she has the three vital ingredients to happiness in the palm of her hand: she has someone to love, something to look forward to and a place to call home.

"I do miss her," Gisselle admits, "but I have you and we have our new home and we're gonna get married so I'd say that's pretty awesome."

"It is."

Gisselle hums in agreement, cupping Kelly's cheeks in both of her hands. Kelly's nose and cheeks are red with the cold and she looks all kinds of adorable. Gisselle kisses Kelly's cheeks and then her nose before placing a chaste kiss on her lips. She then silently thanks any higher powers that exist for bringing Kelly Rowland into her life.

Right now everything is great and Gisselle is finally happy.

and this is the end, thank u so much for reading <3

i'll be posting another kellyonce story soon, stay tuned!