Chapter 7. The Way of an Uchiha

"Kurama talking"

'Kurama thinking'

"Normal talking"

Normal thinking

'Talking to Kurama'

^Speaking in grunts^

Streets of Konoha

3rd POV

Naruto was bored, he wanted to learn something new or get some action in! Maybe pull a prank or two. He was walking along a street when suddenly two uchiha clan members walk past him. "Hn." One of them grunted out. This caught his interest, would it be possible to learn the way of an Uchiha?

"Tsk, lazy ass." The other one clicked his tongue with his response. They had a full on conversation! And it was entirely out of grunts!, well, maybe not entirely but, I have to learn the secrets the uchiha are hiding from us. Think of the possibilities, I could listen in on Uchiha conversations and it would be great on missions or when I'm out pranking with someone else. I could know exactly what all those uchiha grunts meant from the council meetings! I have to get Kakashi and Menma in on this.

So that is exactly what he did.

Naruto POV

I went over to the house and found Kakashi lazying around on the couch. I grab his arm and take us to Menma. He is in his room, he looks to be thinking out a prank.

"Alright, now that everyone is here, I can tell you what we are doing for the rest of the month!" I say while laughing evilly in my mind as they both groan. "We are going to be listening in on uchiha conversations and trying to understand the way of the hn!" I shout out loudly. I then drag both of them to the uchiha compound and jump to the treetops.

"Don't get caught!" I whisper to them encouragingly. No one had to tell them twice, they quickly took off, wanting to get the month out of the way and dealt with quickly.

One month later

^What are you going to do now Naru nii-chan?^ "hn?" Menma asked me from the couch, well really he grunted it, but that was what he would have said. We had all just officially started conversing in grunts and glares, maybe add in a few stairs and hand gestures. Let's face it, that is just how Uchiha are, grunts and glares.

^Well, now that we have officially learnt the way of an Uchiha, I can now annoy and confuse Fugaku as much as I want in the next hour or so!^ "hn!" I grunted in a sickly sweet voice with an... innocent smile. ^I knew a month ago that I would have a meeting with the counsel about an incident  concerning the ANBU black ops base. The idea struck me when I passed a couple of Uchiha!^ "hn!"

^Oh that's just cruel.^ "hn." Grunted Kakashi in a pitying manner. ^He will surely have your head for this.^ "hn." Over the years, Kakashi has managed to lighten up a bit around the edges. But, he can still be a prick.

"..Uzumaki Naruto, Lord Third has asked for your presence at the counsel as soon as possible. Please come in your ANBU attire." An ANBU member the came from the open window said in a commanding tone. 

^my plan is going perfectly boys!^ "hn. Right, right, I'll be a couple minutes." I said after I grunted over at Menma and Kakashi, who both looked dumbfounded.

^should I be scared?^ "hn?" Asked Menma to Kakashi. ^... very much^ "hn." Kakashi answered, almost pretty much frozen on the spot. How could he even possibly know when a meeting from the counsel will be? Those shitty old farts just ask for them out of nowhere?!... then again,... he IS an amazing gambler.

Flashback, six months ago

Kakashi POV

I was heading over to the ANBU headquarters because Naruto wanted me to see something. I came to the entrance and headed over to the lounge area. It was night time, but there was a lot of cheering.

I looked over to a crowd of people around two of the ANBU members. One had blonde hair, and the other had brown.-sigh- Of course Naruto asked me to see something where about the whole ANBU are present.

I went over to the crowd and saw a table where the two of them are sitting at, there is one shogi board, two glasses of alcohol, and a whole lot of money. This is NOT going to end well, I thought to myself as I face palmed while shaking me head in annoyance. Then I hear Naruto say:

"I bet 100 ryō, that I can drink this whole cup of alcohol, and still beat Shikaku at a game of shogi!" He shouted to the other person across from him. Why am I even here?... oh, right... yeah I'm going to be the one who supervises this whole mess.-sigh- and then the other person started to shout.

"Is that all you got?! I can beat that easily!" The other man shouted. These idiots are hopeless.

"Alright! After I beat you in that, lets go over to a gambling house and see who gets the most money there! I bet another 100 ryō that I will win!" Naruto proclaimed to everyone. Then someone came around asking to place our bets to see who would win. When he came over to me, I just sighed and placed my bet over Naruto. I mean seriously, if your gonna say something like that, you gotta be able to back it up.

Then the other man spoke up. "If your gonna bet 100 ryō, I'll just have to do the same! I also bet 100 ryō! Whoever finishes there drink first, gets to face Shikaku. Then we go to the gambling house." After he said that, someone came out of the crowd and began a countdown.

"Get ready! 3... 2..1.... GO!" After he said that, they both picked up the alcohol. Naruto drank the whole thing in one go! No way is that possible. The other person, who is also in the ANBU may I might add, is forced to take it in a couple of sips at a time after he started to drink the alcohol. By the looks of the alcohol bottle on the table, that is one of the most alcoholic drink they had... holy shit! Is he okay? I ask myself. He looks up and is completely unaffected. He then calls for Shikaku. He came up to Naruto with a questioning look and sat down.

They played a few moves until Naruto said something that made everyone look at him like he had grown two heads, including me. "You will probably be called for a counsel meeting in a few seconds, why don't you just let me win by default and that way, you don't owe me a shogi match." He said with a smug expression. Shikaku looked at him with wide eyes, after a few seconds, he let out a sigh and held a small smile on his face.

"Your right, you sure get yourself some good information don't you." Shikaku said while smirking. "-sigh- what a drag, you win. I gotta get to that meeeting." And with that, he left.

"Now, lets head over to one of those gambler houses!" Shouted Naruto. I face palmed, this idiot isn't even of age!...oh..right, when you become a shinobi you are an adult ... IDIOT. Now we are at a gambling house, Naruto went to the first one he saw and already won twice. Who knew I was as great of a gambler as Naruto, think about all the money I am going to get from this!

Flashback end

And he is also amazing at betting. Remind me to never go against Naruto.

Sorry!

This took a little longer than expected to come out. Hope no one minds.

Yours truely,

✨literally