Pt. 11 - A Trip to Dragonspine

Albedo had gone back to Dragonspine, and Kaeya had begun his regular schedule again. It had only been a day, and though Kaeya felt a little lonely, his work and friends were there.

Kaeya heard a knock on the door. "Come in." He uttered, looking up from his paper to see the Chief Alchemist, pale and care-worn.

Kaeya tried not to show too much concern, but Albedo had bags under his eyes and looked so fed up.

Kaeya got up and walked over to him. Albedo instantly hugged him and was tearing up. Kaeya hugged him tighter.

"Whats wrong, my love?" Kaeya asked.

"None of my experiments have been turning out how they should. And Sucrose is away in Liyue so I have nobody to help me. I just know everybody is going to be so disappointed in me."

Kaeya pulled Albedo away so he was looking into his eyes.

"You're the smartest person I know. And it drives me crazy trying to keep up with you." Kaeya wiped the tears from his eyes and kissed his cheek gently.

"You've made so many discoveries and helped so many people, you've messed up once, but you'll get there," Kaeya smiled, "you always do."

Albedo kissed Kaeya and they just stood there for what seemed like hours.

"Would you like me to go up to Dragonspine and help you with your experiment?" Kaeya suggested.

Albedo smiled. "That would be of great help."

The cold is normally unbearable, but the two of them kept eachother warm and made small talk along the way there. It seemed like it took no time at all to get there.

"If you don't mind, could you read through my log for this experiment, it would help your understanding of my trials and errors." Albedo asked.

Kaeya nodded and began reading.
Albedo stared at Kaeya as he read, just admiring him. He was so glad he could have help, and that it was Kaeya helping him.

After Kaeya was done reading they began working and made more progress than they thought.
Albedo moved over to Kaeya and put his arms around his neck. Kaeya never expected Albedo to make so many moves on his own, he didn't mind though.

Kaeya kissed him, and only after a few seconds, his stomach growled. Albedo sighed.

"I'll make something to eat." Kaeya laughed and they made lunch together.

Eating together felt normal now, the two of them were far enough into their relationship where they could sit and laugh without caring if they said the wrong things. It was the best feeling in the world.

Note: Last chapter sucked ass this one I liked lol