Chapter 59: The End

Start from the beginning

Holding his crying fiancée close, Izuku stroked her long silver hair as he waited for the intense moment of emotion to pass. Eventually, Rumi managed to compose herself long enough to stop crying and give Izuku a long and loving kiss.

After so many years of pain and suffering, it seemed things were finally looking up for Izuku.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2 years later]

Standing in the small chapel, Rumi felt like she was in a wonderful dream. Soft sunlight filtered through the beautiful stained glass windows, casting vibrant colors on the floor as Cassandra and Miyu sat nearby watching the ceremony. There was nobody else in the chapel, and outside hidden security forces strategically kept any unwanted guests from intruding on the sacred ceremony. Rumi and Izuku were both very private people, and having no immediate family the two only invited their closest friends. Rumi was dressed in a beautiful white wedding dress that perfectly complemented her hair and showed off her caramel skin as well as wearing her engagement ring. Beside her, Izuku stood in a spotless black tuxedo, a warm smile on his face as he held Rumi's hands. On the two lovers' fingers sat two glistening gold wedding bands, just recently placed by the respective spouse.

Staring into Izuku's emerald eyes, Rumi barely heard the old priest recite the words of the ceremony. All of her thoughts were focused on the handsome man in front of her, and how lucky she was to fall in love with such an amazing person. Finally, Rumi was broken out of her reverie by the words she had been waiting years to hear.

"I now pronounce you man and wife." The bearded priest announced proudly, he then turned to look at Izuku with a merry twinkle in his eye. "You may now kiss the bride."

Time seemed to slow down to a crawl as Rumi was kissed by her now-husband, her eyes closing in bliss as she wrapped her arms around Izuku's neck and kissed back. Nearby, Cassandra clapped ecstatically as Miyu wiped happy tears from her eyes with a handkerchief. Feeling warmth and love spread throughout her body, Rumi's only wish was that such a magical moment could last forever. After what felt like an eternity of holding her soulmate close, Rumi broke the kiss breathlessly and stared into Izuku's eyes with a giddy smile on her face.

"I love you Izuku Midoriya." Rumi said to Izuku with love and adoration in every word she spoke.

"And I love you..." Izuku said while a happy smile blossomed on his face. "...Rumi Midoriya."

Her heart feeling like it was about to explode from sheer happiness, Rumi could only nod happily as she turned to walk with her husband out of the chapel.

Rumi knew one thing for certain. She was going to cherish every second with Izuku, and god help anyone who got between them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[3 years later]

Music filled the air of the giant concert hall, and servers rushed about carrying trays of drinks and food. Up on stage, Miyu and Cassandra danced together under a spotlight and watched by hundreds of eyes. Both women were dressed in the finest white wedding dresses money could buy, and it was obvious to everyone watching that the two lovers were in their own little world as they slowly danced together.

Nearby, sitting at a large table filled with celebrities from all over the world, Rumi and Izuku held hands and watched their friends have their magical moment. Wearing a purple dress reminiscent of her hero outfit, Rumi rested her free hand on the noticeable baby bump her belly was sporting. Of course, many people had visited the husband and wife to offer their well-wishes and congratulations. Many of them asking about the due date or offering parental advice. It had been an exhausting day for both Izuku and Rumi, and the two were glad to finally have a break from the endless conversations and simply relax.

As the song came to an end, Miyu and Cassandra left the stage to a round of applause as the world-famous DJ put on an upbeat party song for everyone to enjoy. Making their way over to Rumi and Izuku, Miyu and Cassandra sat down to finally have a conversation with their close friends.

"You two looked great up there!" Rumi said enthusiastically over the music.

Nodding in agreement, Izuku held out his hand for Miyu to shake. "Congratulations on the promotion Miyu. Or should I say Special Agent Tanaka."

Blushing bright red, Miyu shook Izuku's hand firmly as Cassandra kissed her on the cheek.

"You two enjoying the party?" Cassandra asked, her question clearly aimed at the pregnant Rumi. "You need me to get someone to serve you guys anything?"

Rumi laughed heartily and shook her head. "Thanks Cassandra, but I am fine. Though I have been craving pickles lately, so maybe I will grab one or two to go when we leave."

Laughing along, Cassandra nodded understandingly. "No worries Rumi. By the way I haven't gotten the chance to ask yet, have you guys picked out a name yet?"

"Names." Izuku corrected with a proud smile on his face.

Her mouth open in shock, Miyu obviously blurted out the first thought that came to her mind.

"Twins?!"

Now it was Rumi's turn to blush and smile as she lovingly caressed her belly.

"Triplets."