Chapter 34

"Mama." Sophie thought she heard, while she floated in blackness. "Mama!" Her eyes flew open to find Calla shaking her awake.

"What? What's wrong?" Sophie asked rapidly.

"Nothing, you've been sweeping for too long. I wanna play and see my aunties and unwles." Calla demanded.

Sophie let out a laugh, "Come here you little monkey." Sophie grabbed Calla and launched her into her bed, tickling her making Calla laugh ferociously.

They heard a gasp from the door.

"Calla!" Keefe gasped, "I told you not to bother your mom!" Calla just giggled and jumped into Sophies arms.

"Mommy slept enough alweady! It's time to see uncwle Bangs!" Sophie's eyes widened and stared at Keefe.

"No way, she caught on?" Keefe just rubbed the back of his neck. He let out a chuckle and Sophie glared at him.

"Tam is not going to be happy about that." Sandor grumbled from the corner of the room.

"What are you talking about? He'll be overjoyed that he's part of the nickname gang!" Ro paused for effect, "You have dad Hunkyhair, Auntie Ro, Scowling Sandor and Uncle Bangs!" She threw out her hands.

"Scowling Sandor." Sandor growled.

Sophie let out a laugh and shook her head.

Sophie whirled around when she heard Biana's voice blast from her imparter, "Hey, what's up?"

Calla had taken Sophie's phone and called her aunt.

"Auntie B!" Calla shrieked excitedly.

"Calla! Look at you and your talking! I'm so proud! How old are you now? 3 months?"

"Hey! NOOOOOOO, I'm fowr momths old!"

"Wow! You're getting so big!" Se paused looking across the screen, " Where's your mom? Is she feeling okay?"

At that Sophie crawled over to Calla and flopped down. "Miss Calla took it upon herself to acll you." Sophie poked Calla and laughed with Biana.

"When can evweyone come! I wanna see evweyone again!" Calla demanded.

"Whenever your mom is ready, Calla. She has had a long 3 months of sleeping." Biana looked Sophie up and down like a mother hem.

I'm fine. How about everyone come to Hallowmist after lunch today? We can catch up?" Sophie sat up and started to braid Calla's hair, the imparter in Calla's lap.

"Sure. You get some food in you and chill, and I'll get everyone together at lunch."

Sophie hummed in agreement.

"I'm so excited! I've missed you guys so much!" Biana said humbled.

"I didn't think I'd see anyone ever again." Sophie whispered.

"Your home now Sophie. Don't think about the past, think about the present and future." Biana flopped into her ed. "And hey! One good thing came out of your scars."

"And what would that be?" Sophie asked skeptical.

"We're matching now" Biana beheld her scars and Sophie laughed.

Humour was a coping mechanism.

"I guess that is a good thing."

"Anyways, I'll let you be now. See you after lunch."

"Okay, bye!"

"Don't forget to rest!" Biana shrieked and hung up.

Sophie just chuckled as she finished Calla's ear length small braid. She turned her head to talk to Keefe, but was met with Sandor instead.