23| Deal Between Two Savages.

Start from the beginning

"Has father's health improved?" she asked worriedly as she made her way to the sleeping emperor.

"He is the same! The Healer hasn't done anything. All she does is just cease his scowls and wrinkles. How is that going to help?" I demanded angrily, my voice raised.

"He is at peace when she does that!" Marianne snapped, defending the Healer.

"It doesn't even last forever. Whatever she does is temporary," I pointed out, glaring at my sister.

"At least she is helping him somehow, whilst we, his daughters, who are suppose to cure him are nugatory at the moment albeit three of us possess three renèi possessions." She replied back, both of us eyeing each other.

Marianne walked towards me and smirked. "What is the point of having these possessions when they are of no use?" the fact that her statement made sense agitated me more than anything.

Then, she said something to me that made me lose my patience and mind, both.

"Sometimes I wish I was an Ezèrian and not a renèi Possessor." She whispered against my ears, her words nearly echoing in my head again and again, replaying.

That was it.

A hard slap landed on Marianne's cheek as I looked at what I'd done. Yes, me and my sister never clicked because of our opposite personalities, but I never thought I'd raise my hand at her. Julianne and the empress gasped a little while the Healer enjoyed the scene with a smug smile.  I even heard a light chuckle escaping from her lips.

Marianne brushed her fingers against her red cheek. She scoffed as she slowly raised her head and looked at me. She didn't feel embarrassed or hurt and I was also not regretful of what I'd done. Both of us were just fuming in anger and wanted rip each other's head off.

"Truth hurts, does it not?" she smirked like before while I was surprised by my sister's reaction. "Have you forgotten-that I am a Curse Possessor and I might curse you for what you just did?" her voice was intimidating.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "I do not regret what I have done. What you said is considered as treason," I told her sternly.

Then, I gave her a dark look and said: "And you also seem forget that I am a Mind Possessor," now I leaned closer to my sister's ear. "So, I might possess that delusional mind of yours, manipulate it and make you curse yourself instead." I leaned back and smiled at her sweetly.

"Marianne and Vivianne!" the empress finally spoke after hearing both of ours threats to each other. "I want both of you out of my sight. And do not come to visit your father until you have made up." Our mother, Agatha Aelish Aesterin told us sternly.

Both of us nodded solemnly, suddenly feeling shamed for creating a chaos in front of an outsider and their bedridden father. "Yes, mother." We obeyed in unison and bowed before exiting the chamber.

While making my way to my chambers, my eyes suddenly landed on two guards who were acting absurd and I couldn't help but observe them.

The male guard was trying his best to make the female guard to not fall over and tried to make her walk rightly. The female guard mumbled obscenities, making me gasp while he hushed her. She smacked his head and walked clumsily while singing inaudibly.

"What do they think they're doing?" I mumbled as I watched them in horror. I shook my head, not caring about the absurdism of the guards and made my way to my chamber, hoping I don't run my way with those drunkards. Didn't they know it was against the rules to be intoxicated while you are on duty?