12

Fatz

"Hi dada." Gabriella said once she saw me.

"Hey fat mama." I picked her up and gave her a kiss.

After talking with Alexis we back on good terms. She need to know that I would never cheat on her. I want her and no one else.

"Hi baby." Alexis said putting things in her bag.

"What's wrong with you?" She walked over and gave me a hug.

"Nothing."

"You sure." She nodded her head. "Give daddy a kiss." She giggled and gave me a kiss.

"Come on. We got a long day ahead of us."

I was taking her to meet my mother. My mother lives nearly a hour away. It was going to be some family there too. I told her she was meeting my mother but she dont know about the other family memebers.

-

"What if she doesn't like me?" I look over at Alexis and she was looking down at her lap.

"She'll like you and if she doesn't that doesn't matter."

"Ok."

"You ain't got to be nervous." I opened up my door.

"I love you too Arthur." I stopped and looked at her to find that she was looking at me. She smiled at my cheekily. I chuckled.

"Come on."

I grabbed Gabriella out the back seat and took Alexis hand in mine as we walked up to the door.

"Give me a kiss." I told her. She leaned up and I met her giving her a kiss.

We walked in. We were greeted to smell of food and talking.

"What's up Fatz." My cousin came over and dap me.

"What's up cuz."

"Who's this?" He asked looking at Alexis.

"Hi I'm Alexis."

"You looking good girl." I laughed. My cousin is 14.

"Thank you." She laughed. "This my daughter Gabriella."

"Daughter? How old are you?"

"That's enough questions." I took her hand and went to look for my mother. She was in the family room with some uncles and aunts.

Alexis took Gabriella from me since she was reaching for her.

"Arthur." My mother beamed. She got up and gave me a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever boy."

"Yea I know. I been busy."

"Who's this?" She asked looking at Alexis.

"I'm Ale-"

"Arthur?" She cut her off. I sighed. Here she go.

"This my girl Alexis and her daughter Gabriella."

"Oh you've been busy playing daddy?" Everyone attention turned to us. She's always making a scene.

"Ma cut that out."

"We'll talk later." She walked off.

"Lexis I'm-"

"Its fine. You don't have to apoligize."

I could tell she was getting upset.

I've been sitting here with some cousins and my uncle who was a father figure to me.

"Dada."

"Yea Fats?"

"Mama?"

"She coming back." She nodded her head.

"She call you daddy and shit. How long y'all been together?"

"A couple weeks officially,  but I been talking to her for a couple months."

"Its a lot of responsibility to have a child, let alone take care of someone who's not yours."

"Yea I know but I love them." I told him. "I ain't leaving them."

"You growing up." My uncle said.

Alexis

This visit here was not going good at all. His mother was basically down playing our relationship. I walked into the kitchen to get me something to eat. Arthur's friend Marcus was in here with two other guys.

"What's up Alexis."

"Hi Marcus."

"Oh that's the girl with the baby?" One of the other guys said.

"Y'all got a problem?" I asked placing a hand on my hip.

"You cute as fuck."

"I'm O and that's Dee." O said.

"And I said do y'all have a problem?" I question again.

"You a young girl. Fatz don't want nothing to do with you." Marcus said and walked passed me bumping into me in the process.

"I mean you are kind of young and you got a daughter. I don't see why Fatz still messing with you." Dee said.

"You not about to talk about my damn daughter." I was getting more and more pissed.

"Whatever." Dee said and left out. Soon after O left too. I just wanted to leave.

As I was about to walk out Arthur's mother came in. I sighed.

"Let me talk to you right quick."

"Ok."

"How old are you?"

"I'm 17." I answered simply.

"You're too young for my son and having a daughter at that? Where were your mother when this happned? My son don't need anyone like you."

"You not about to talk about my daughter. You have no right. So what I had my daughter at a young age but I'm still graduating this year. My grades are still good and my daughter is well taken care of."

"You just want him for his money." She accused.

"He can keep his money. I have my own. I have a job."

"So I'm guessing you don't know about him selling drugs." She held a smirk on her face.

"He what?" I asked again.

"He doesn't care about you. If he did he wouldn't be putting you or your daughter in danger with his drug selling." She said and walked out. My eyes began to get watery. He's been lying to me. I quickly wipe my face.

I walk out to where Arthur is and went to sit next to him. His friends were around him and another one of his cousins. They looked at me and I avoided eye contact by going on my phone.

"What's wrong with you."

"I'm just tired." I lied. I didn't want to cause a scene with these people around. I took my daughter from him and she laid against me.

"You're daughter is pretty." O said to me.

"Thank you." He was the only one who wasn't making smart comments to me.

He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

I lightly smiled but I just really wanted to cry.

----

How would have y'all reacted?

Leave some comments.