Chapter 10

8 Years Later

A lot happened since my first kiss with Clark. For starters he decided to skip going to college and find out why he was sent to Earth. And I tried to help him in anyway that I could when I wasn't busy with my university studies. It was hard on our relationship with him always being on the move, but we never lost touch and our relationship only grew stronger and stronger.

As for me, I ended up going to Metropolis university as planned. I decided to become a photo major, and after I graduated, I ended up working as a freelance photographer. My main job however, was with the Daily Planet.

And that is how I found myself on the road in Alaska heading to Canada, Perry White, the editor-in-chief, wanted me to take some pictures there of some strange anomaly that the US military found, and that the article was to be written by Lois Lane. Now don't get me wrong, I love Lois to death. Hell when I moved back to Metropolis for college she basically took me under her wing. But she had a habit of getting herself into dangerous situations.

But no matter I was making my way to my next assignment. I wasn't due there for at least a few days, but I had two reasons for wanting to get there early. One, I figured I could get some wildlife picture to see to this nature magazine I also do some work for, and two if my hunch was right about what this supposed anomaly was, then there's a strong chance that I would run into Clark there.

Once my hunger got the better of me I pulled over to the place called Cassidy Pub. It wasn't much, just a decent truck stop diner. It had the usual patrons, truck drivers, a few locals. But what caught my attention was one of the waiters. It didn't take me much to realize that he was my Clark. And I had to say he was looking really sexy and rugged, especially with the scruff he was rocking.

 And I had to say he was looking really sexy and rugged, especially with the scruff he was rocking

But I didn't want him to know that I knew right away so I just let him about his business. "Can I get you anything?" The waitress, who according to her name-tag was called Christie, asked me when I sat down a table. "I'll take a burger, cooked medium with the works, a side of fries, and your best IPA." I told her as I gave her my menu. "Coming right up" she said as she finished writing down my order and proceeded to walk to the kitchen.

Once she walked away, I went back to secretly watching Clark as he worked, it had only been a little while since we last spoke, but sweet baby Jesus I just wanted to take him outside and kiss the ever loving daylight out of him. But then my attention turned to the pub singer. It's not that she was bad, she just wasn't that strong of a singer. So wanting to put her out of her misery I went up to the stage and asked her if she minded if I sang while she played. Thankfully she didn't mind at all. When she asked me what song I wanted to sing I ended up looking at Clark and thought back to the first song we ever danced to.