Germany

It was now time to play Germany and we were all in the box chattering amongst ourselves until I heard a voice.

"Hey, team! We're gonna be great today, right?" the voice spoke as I turned my head to see Tibbles. I rolled my eyes at his face as he questioned. "Wheres Gordon?" he asked as I scoffed.

"You tell us," I answered as his bottom jaw fell. "I don't believe this," he said walking off back into the stands.

I watched as the ref skated up to our bench. "I'm sorry, team USA. But without a coach behind the bench, you'll forfeit the game."

I had a disappointed look on my face before an idea struck my head. "But you can't do that." I heard Adam respond as I continued the argument. "We have one, we have a coach," I said as I looked out to the stands.

"Miss Makay!" I yelled skated over to the boards to be near where she stood. "Hey, Y/N, what's up?" she asked a small smile spread across her face.

I put my hand on the ledge of the boards as I spoke. "You have to pretend you're a coach or we forfeit the game," I said as she stood there shocked.

"Wheres coach Bombay?" she questioned as I spoke again. "Pretend or we're out of the tournament." I pleaded. She shook her head. "But I don't know anything about coaching," she said. I heard the sound of skating and looked to see the ref coming over.

I stood their mouth slightly open before speaking. "Here she is, our coach; Coach Makay."

I looked over to see my team. Some people were smiling, some agreeing and some just simply nodding.

"What are you waitin' for, ice to freeze? Let's play!" She yelled as a huge grin fell onto my face. The ref yelled. "Let's go," he said skating off to put our net on its post.

Cheering filled my ears as it was soon playing time.

Face-off at center ice. Germany wins the draw. Comes across the USA blue line. Germany on the right-wing side.

Down to big Klaus Stabias. He shoots. And save by Goldberg. Great save by Goldberg. As Germany is really throwing their weight around.

I was sitting on the bench next to Miss Makay when one of our players gets completely knocked to the ice.

I groaned as the player skated away. "Oh! We look tired. We need to, uh... Trade places." Miss Makay said as a confused looked spread across mine and everybody else face.

"What?" Charlie asked confused while furrowing his eyebrows together. "New players," she told him as realization flooded his face. "Oh, say, change it up," he said.

"Change it up," she repeated in a normal speaking tone as I shook my head. "Scream it!" I yelled to her. "Change it up!" She hollered, now in a very loud voice.

All the tired players came off as me and the rest of my team hopped on. I skated to the middle of the ice getting into position as I heard the speakers go again.

We're late in the period with a face-off coming up.

I was huddled up with the rest of the players on the ice when I heard a familiar sound.

"Is that a duck call?" I asked facing the boys in the huddled as they looked to be as confused as I was. The duck call continued after a few seconds as I looked into the stands trying to figure out what it could be.

I sighed as I saw who it was from. "Look who finally shows up," Fulton said as he gave Coach Bombay a dirty look.

Jesse looked more disappointed than angry. "Just ignore him. Averman, take the face-off," he said as he skated to his spot on the ice. Averman agreed and went to his spot along with me and the other boys.

I looked to Charlie to see a sad expression on his face I couldn't help but feel the same. Two last duck calls were blown until I saw him enter the bench area.

He then blew the duck horn with short breaths. Me and the 4 boys huddled back in again. "C'mon guys, what'd we got to lose?" Guy asked looking at coach Bombay.

Averman scoffed before he spoke. "Respect," he answered before Fulton cut him off. "He'll dump us the minute it's all over."

"Come on in! Let's go, come on." Coach Bombay called as I sighed and skated in. I watched as Coach Bombay kissed Miss Makay on the cheek. I slightly smiled.

I skated in and stood next to Charlie and Jesse as Guy stood behind me. We all listened intently to what he had to say.

"Team. Guys. I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team. And the team is all I have. All I want.. Is another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back. Okay? Believe me." He told us.

I saw smiles across the team's faces. "Okay." I grinned as everybody else repeated me and cheered as the ref called us to the ice.

I was back onto the ice standing in position when Jesse and another player lined up for the face-off. The ref came in and blew the whistle before dropping the puck at center ice.