Apologies before the game

"Charlie wait." I said getting up from the bench and quickly going over to him.

I saw him turn around to look at me. He had a saddened look in his eyes, a look that I've never seen before.

Once I had gotten close enough I let out a shaky breath before speaking. "I love you too. I put you through all that and I'm really sorry-"

He cut me off by putting his arms around my lower back and pulling me in. He slowly placed his soft lips on mine as my arms found the back of his neck.

I stood on the tip of my feet so I could reach his lips better as we kissed passionately. Our lips fit together perfectly as they moved in sync.

We soon parted for air as I looked at his face.

His cheeks were dusted with a rose colour as he and I both couldn't stop smiling.

"So," he started. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he finished laughing at the end of his question.

I let out a soft chuckle as well. "Yes, yes I will," I answered giving him a short peck on the lips.

We both grinned at each other before we decided that we should head back because we had a big game against Iceland the next morning.

So we walked to our dorms holding hands. He would occasionally squeeze my hand randomly in the middle of the walk but I didn't mind.

On the way back we cracked jokes and told embarrassing stories from when we were little until we made it back.

We both said good night before I gave him a short kiss on the lips. We both parted paths and walked to our dorms.

I opened the door to the main room that connects to the three bedrooms. I walk in and see Julie and Connie laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked a spike of interest going through my body.

That just made them laugh even more until Connie spoke up. "So you and Charlie huh?" she asked as a smirk laid spread across her face.

I stood there mouth agape before laughing along with them. "Yeah," I said as I smiled and sat beside the both of them.

They both looked at each other before Julie spoke. "We knew you two would get together." She laughed.

I chuckled before I told them that I was tired and that we should all go to bed because of the big game tomorrow.

So we all got ready for bed before we said good night and went to our own rooms.

-----------
Time skip to next morning
-----------

"All right, are we ready for warm-ups?" Coach Bombay asked walking into our dressing room. He was wearing a black suit with his hair slicked back with gel.

Everybody cheered in response as he clapped his hands together. All of us complimented his style as he walked into the dressing room.

We all laughed together as Averman walked up to coach and made a joke. "Nice jacket. Did you get two pairs of pants with that?"

Coach shrugged him off with a slight laugh and continued writing on his sheet of paper.

I watched as Fulton and Dean walked up to coach. Fulton leaned on the table he was standing by and threw a question at coach. "Good night last night coach?" he asked leaving a hint in his tone.

He then replied while continuing to write on the same sheet of paper. "Yeah it was fine," he says casually.

Dean was fixing his glove when he then continued with the questioning. "What'd you do?"

"Oh, I... Just watched some TV, got to bed early," he replied looking up at the tall boy in front of him.

Dean rolled his eyes. "But not without a little dessert right?" he asked nodding his head at coach as he walked off before Fulton continued the conversation. "A little ice cream, maybe," he said before copying Dean's actions and shuffling off.

"Nice haircut. What, you lose a bet?" Averman asked making a joke again. Coach Bombay just quickly shook his head to the side before it was finally time to go onto the ice.