Chapter Sixteen

Gabriella's POV 

"Sebastian! Where are we going?!" I tried to shout at him. I was blindfolded and going through the forest with no idea to where I was going. I was not one for surprises. I was one to always want to know where it was I was going in life.  

"Just a bit further, my dear. You need to be more patient." I glared at him through my blindfold.  

"I am not a patient person." I started not so happily.  

"I know love, but it is a good surprise, I promise." I trusted him, but I didn't like this. I began to hear running water that got louder with every step I took. Soon, I was sat down on what felt like a blanket and my feet felt sand. I knew where we were then. When he took off the blindfold, I was staring at a beautiful waterfall that I knew ended up at the Thames. I smiled and turned to Sebastian who had a picnic basket ready in his hands. He took out beautiful flowers to place between us, two candles that lit as soon as he put them in place, and then our meal. This was Sebastian's idea of a romantic time out. It was perfect. Just the two of us.  

"Sebastian! This is amazing!" I smiled brightly at him. "I love it." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. We began out dinner, talking non stop about more things he has seen, the roles he had to play, and the lives he had to take. I talked about the parents I had, the Ciel I use to know, and the life I once had to live. It was amazing to just sit here and talk about ourselves. It was relaxing. 

"Sebastian, do you ever think about where you would be if this had never happened? If you had never made a deal with Ciel?" He pondered this for a moment and smiled down at me again. I rested my head on his chest as we laid of the blanket he had provided, staring at the stars after a lovely meal.  

"No. I do not ever want to think of that." He took my hand in his and smiled, lifting my chin with his other hand so we were face to face. "A life without you is a dead one, and I would much rather be alive, here with you. You are my world now, Gabriella. Nothing can ever change that." I leaned into him, melting under his touch and holding on to the blissful moment we were in. Sadly, it could not last long.  

Once we were finished, Sebastian quickly picked up and brought us back home in a flash. We had a very important meeting the next day.  

"What pathetic contractors." Ciel commented on the way to the castle he planned to turn into a hotel. "Canceling construction because they are afraid of some ghosts?! There's no such thing.." He glared at Sebastian as we continued to the entrance.  

"Is something the matter?" Sebastian held his usual smile.  

"Nothing. Let us wrap this up quickly and go home." Ciel was never a patient one, and I knew him better than Sebastian, I hoped. The castle was dark, but it had enough light for us to observe our surroundings. It looked as if it had been untouched inside there for the four hundred years since the two princes who lived here disappeared. The doors slammed behind us when Ciel talked about a painting and the candles began to light themselves. I found myself holding onto Sebastian's arm for dear life. I tried to remain lady like, but I knew something was going on here.   

"Who gave you people permission to enter here?" A voice talked from the darkness. A form began to take place and soon we were standing in front of what looked like King Edward, one of the princes who had vanished from here.  

"What is going on here?" Ciel seemed irritated and surprised at the same time.  

"It would seem the ghosts are real." Sebastian whispered back. I clutched his arm and remained silent. I had no idea what to think at that point. I had never entertained the idea of a ghost being real, yet there I was clutching a demon for dear life. Ii knew I had to keep an open mind somewhat.