Chapter 4 - No One Said Internship Would Be Easy

Start from the beginning

"Who is it?"

"The interns!"

Siren, having recognized Tommy- Thomas' voice, gave a small half smile, his wings ruffling a little as he cleared his throat. "Come in."

And that's what they did. Thomas walked in first with a slight smile, waving at the Heroes. Alex took a deep breath before coming in, ruffling her feathers and fluffing out her wings some, and then walked in.

Siren paused, staring at her for a moment, Blade and Zephyrus seemed to stop as well. Siren scanned her appearance, eyes focusing in on her wings as he slightly tilted his head. Her ears twitched nervously, looking from the three Heroes then to her companion with a confused expression.

Finally getting the courage to speak up, she cleared her throat and smiled. "Enderian-Elytrian. Parents thought I would be a Pure Enderian because of the horns and such, but then I got my wings." She explained, the topic of her parents making her internally cringe.

Siren seemed to understand more after the expiration, but The Blade's eyes lingered for a moment longer before turning to talk quietly with Zephyrus.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you get those patterns on your wings?" Siren asked, making an unreadable expression as he looked over the previously mentioned appendages.

"I was born with them, actually." She stretched out her wings so he could see them better. "I recently discovered that patterns like these are actually kind of rare, so that's cool I suppose."

Siren nodded, and stood up and extended a hand to them both. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Smith, I look forward to seeing your work down in the lab."

She shook his hand with a small smile. "Pleasure to be working here!"

And with that small interaction out of the way, both Tommy and Alexa went to work for the day.

ℂ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ℂ

Shit shit shit shit shit shit-

Tommy was struggling to hold about twenty cups of coffee while trying to run, which wasn't going too well. He hadn't spilt a single drop, but he almost dropped a cup or two on his way back to the Agency building. He made his rounds quickly as he ran through the small cubicles, handing everyone their coffees and lattes with his usual smile and energetic personality. Taking a minute to stop and talk to Awesamdude and Zephyrus as he finished making his rounds. He had a strong feeling that this little task would be one of the regular things he'd be doing during his employment. Which he wouldn't mind, it was interesting to see people's personalities based off nothing but their coffee.

Like Blade, one would think he would drink straight black coffee. But he doesn't. He actually ordered a chocolate mocha with caramel drizzle on the whipped cream. This in itself surprised Tommy, he thought for a fraction of a second that Blade wasn't that scary anymore.. uuunnmmtilll he had to deliver it to him.

He had been holding off on delivering Blade's drink simply out of the slight fear he had for the man. I mean, could you blame him? The man was terrifying, unfairly so. Tommy wishes he could be that scary sometimes, but then he remembers that it's because Blade's Guardian Gene that he's fucking terrifying. Damn Guardian Genes sometimes, so unfair..

Anyway, He hesitantly knocked on the door to Blade's office, which was only met with a loud grunt as a response. Taking this as his invitation to walk in, he slowly opened the door, peeking in before he slipped through the door. The room was ridden with loose papers and what appeared to be Greek Mythology books, ceiling high bookshelves filled with all sorts of books, and a few decorations here and there. HIs desk was a bit nicer of course, papers were neatly stacked in piles on either side of him, a few folders strewn about. And finally, there was The Blade himself.