ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

The house contrasts the sky, illuminating the exterior walls with a brightness that, in the time of night late as this, could only be similar to the stars. The sound of the sudden slowness of the bike rumbles through the air, echoing off of the walls of the house. The party had begun a little over an hour ago, yet they could hardly care about their arrival time. Rafe had changed out of his suit quickly before driving them to Kelce's house, allowing Kaia's hands to be wrapped securely around his torso.

Rolling to a stop and shutting the bike off, Rafe allows Kaia to get off first, holding out his hand to grab her helmet before removing his own. His eyes move down her body, much as he had done at the start of the dinner earlier in the evening. Only now, the moonlight casts a glow down onto her frazzled hair and the tight dress hugging her curves. His eyes dip over her and he smirks up at her.

"Don't compliment me again," she says, looking at him teasingly. "I might run out of ways to say thank you."

"I could think of a few ways."

If someone were to have eyes on the inside of their head, hidden from sight, then Rafe's eyes would be bulging and he would immediately take back his statement. But he doesn't. He is somewhat glad that he finally said something bolder than allowing for her to recognize his eyes trailing down her body.

She tilts her head to the side, taking a step forward as Rafe slowly pushes the kickstand down into the sand. Kaia stands against his thigh, gazing into her eyes as Rafe thinks that there is no possible way she couldn't see how much he craved her at this very moment.

"I can pay for more coke," she says with a smirk, tapping his chest with her fingers.

"You can pay for more coke without the coke."

"Oh, so you do want my money!"

"Shut the fuck up," he rolls his eyes, standing as she takes another step back and gives him enough room to swing his leg over.

He stands tall, jabbing her shoulder before setting his own helmet on the seat. "Sorry for bringing it up."

"Where is the shit anyways?" He asks, slinging his arm around her shoulder as they approach the house. "I haven't seen it at all tonight."

"All in due time, Cameron."

She winks at him as other people arriving at the party brush past them in a smooth jog, urging forward to get inside the doors first. Twisting her head away from him, she smiles at the crowd of lively people. People who may have once acted to be someone they're not, but now, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, are showing who they truly are. Everyone seems to be living in this moment truly happy. The looks on their faces are stricken with gold, light pours out from the lights strung outside and the motivation curates a lightness and freedom across their faces. Appearing to not be able to be pulled from this happiness, but inevitably will be. She just hoped that the negativity wouldn't become apparent until the morning.

Kelce always knows how to throw a party. It is noticeable, by the way that the two of them were offered a beer the second they stepped through the door.

Kaia accepted, raising her mouth in a thankful smile as she curls her fingers around it. Rafe pulls her closer to his side as he guides the pair of them deeper into the house. The front door disappears behind them, blurred by bodies of energetic people who move along with the beat of the music. They walk up to the second floor, where the dancing and music are lessened, yet people do shots with whatever alcohol they can.

"Let me ask again," Rafe says, pushing his fingers into her side and turning her to face him. His chest leans into his as his neck is craned down, blue eyes searching her brown ones. "Where's the cocaine, Kaia?"