17: The CEO

Today everyone was wearing their best suits and dresses. They were standing nervously while waiting for the CEO to arrive. He wanted to give them a visit and hear about the drama that was produced with his company.

Jennie seemed especially nervous since she was in charge of everything. Jisoo wanted to cheer her up so she brought her snacks and black coffee from the food trucks.

"Sorry, I'm not in the mood..." Jennie fumbled, declining the offer.

"You told me to eat but I'm sure you are the one who didn't eat anything today." Jisoo gave her the warm churros whether she liked it or not.

Jennie sighed and took a bite as Jisoo stared anticipatingly.

"You don't function without coffee." Jisoo blew on the beverage before giving her the mug.

"Thanks." Jennie pecked her lips.

Both of them stilled. Her kisses were getting more intimate but Jisoo can tell it wasn't on purpose, it was like a reflex and she seemed to curse herself afterwards.

"I'm sorry." Jennie groaned, slapping her forehead with the heel of her palm. "It won't happen again- I mean it will happen again but, um, not before you are my girlfriend..."

Back when they were still a couple Jennie always kissed Jisoo after she greeted her with paper cups of coffee at the campus. Jennie would steal a kiss and say this already gave her all the energy she needed.

Haein was giving Jisoo a disapproving look to which she shrugged her shoulders.

There was no point in hiding it, everyone already knew that they were intimate with each other. Even though they assumed they were in a relationship which they factually weren't. Not yet.

Jisoo believed that Jennie loved her but she still wanted to see more of her devotion. Or maybe she is just using this opportunity to have another phase where they act shy and lovey-dovey around each other.

Tumbling around the edge until someone gives in and asks the other out, buys them flowers, takes them out and all that cheesy stuff.

Because Jennie ghosted her, Jennie should be the one to court her and if she does well, Jisoo might give her a second chance. That's what she told her.

But only maybe! And only because she is gorgeous, cute, gets her really well and might or might not be the only one that every really caught Jisoo's attention. The only one she stopped and stared for. The only one- Yeah she totally does love her too, she just wants to be buttered up.

"You okay?" Jennie snapped her fingers before her face, causing Jisoo to blink.

"Yeah..." Jisoo bobbed her head.

"He's here!" Someone called and everyone turned to the entrance.

A well built man with about six bodyguards entered, all of them wore suits and were looking serious. The atmosphere became tense with their entrance.

"Where is the director?" The CEO called as he stopped next to the cameras.

"I'm here." Jennie quickly went to him and bowed.

"How far are you?" He questioned, staring at her sternly.

"We are done, only minor scenes left." Jennie explained, tugging on her cap.

"The script?" He demanded and she immediately handed it to him. She assumed He already read it since he approved of it but apparently she was wrong.

His expression became less tense and he nodded, giving her a small smile as he skimmed through it. "Not bad."

She sighed relieved and so did everyone on the set as he didn't seem angry or serious anymore.

"But," He added, tensing everyone up again. "I think there should be a few changes."

"Changes?" Jennie questioned curiously.

"Yes, a few special effects, here and there and a new cast." The CEO said determined.

"Sir-"

"Just call me Seungri." He smiled.

"Seungri, sir," Jennie corrected. "What new cast?"

"Hm, I was thinking I want to see a third lead. Another love interest." Seungri started off innocently but then he added, "And the third one is going to be a zombie."

"A zombie?" Joohyun asked as everyone listened attentively.

"A zombie ninja assassin." Seungri confirmed, gesturing around.

"How is that going to fit in...?" Jisoo asked meekly.

"We will change the setting to post apocalypse. The world is invaded by zombie unicorn fairies and the third lead is the only zombie ninja assassin. The protagonist will find out her lover was a zombie unicorn fairy the whole time and it only seduced her to eat her. Now the third lead joins and saves her."

By the time he was done informing them about the new plot animatedly, a few giggles echoed among the team.

"What's funny?" He asked with a raised brow and it turned silent in an instant.

"Um, Seungri but we are already done-"

"I will extend your time. The broadcasting will be delayed." He waved his hand dismissingly and turned around. "That's it for today. Good luck team."

"I'm not playing a zombie unicorn fairy." Mino mumbled the second the CEO was gone. "I have standards."

"Try telling that to the CEO." Daniel said bluntly.

Jennie was still frozen in shock as she felt Jisoo lay a hand on her shoulder and nudged her left cheek.

"Jen?" Jisoo spoke worriedly.

Jennie pursed her lips. "I'm fine. I should.... I should leave now. I have a new script to write." She strode to her private space and locked the door.

*****

The next days drastic changes happened. Jennie very quickly wrote the new plot while on calls with the CEO personally. He was involved in the writing from start to end.

They hired new people and among them was Seulgi, not as an actress but in charge of special effects he wished for. All kinds of explosions and fire were her expertise.

"I'm not wearing this!!" Mino screamed as Daniel and other guys forced him into an unicorn suit with fairy wings. "Nooo!!"

Jisoo can't lie. The one good thing wa seeing him in torment. Sometimes she got snacks from the truck and watched him struggling from her chair, along with Jennie.

Even though it was a stressful time, Jisoo still found flowers and chocolate waiting for her on her actress chair whenever she left for a second.

She smiled at Jennie and received a wink that made her blush.

"Go on a date with me, beautiful." Jennie mouthed with her lips.

Jisoo responded with a thumbs up and eye smile.

After work she took her out to the cinema, they watched a film like they did in the past where they spoke about how one day their name would be in the credits and Jisoo on the big screen.

Then they went to the beach even though it was already late and Jisoo couldn't swim. They just sat and watched the waves, taking in the salty smell and sounds of seagulls.

Jennie drove Jisoo home and stayed a bit to cook for her. They were sitting at the dining table together while they ate the steak with romesco salad she cooked.

They ended the day with a soft kiss, followed by a deeper kiss as Jennie said goodbye.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning." She told her with a small smile.

"Drive home safe. Call me if you arrived."

Jisoo smiled back, opening her arms for a long hug before they were able to part.