4: The Confrontation

Her eyes were as radiant as in her memory. Jisoo finally dared to look at them. She undeniably matured. She didn't have that innocence glint in them anymore. They were more fierce, darker.

Jisoo must have stared for too long because eventually she felt those brown orbs meet her line of sight. The expression turned from fierce to curious.

Jisoo didn't avert her gaze, if she did she would lose all courage she mustered up and would move away. So she pressed on, until Jennie walked towards her and was standing one feet apart from her.

The brunette director was about to open her mouth but Jisoo beat her to it. She had to. She couldn't let her efforts go to waste.

"J-Jennie," Jisoo repeated the lines she had memorised multiple times like this was another one of her acting jobs. "I know what you are trying to do..."

"What am I trying to do?" Jennie answered without hesitation, watching Jisoo curiously still. The action rendered Jisoo speechless as the younger was inching closer. "What do you think I am trying to do?" She asked with a small smile.

Jisoo gulped, trying to gain more distance but she was almost backed to the wall. "Y-You-" Oh how the tables have turned. In the past Jennie was the one flushing in embarrassment and Jisoo was the one who could only smile and grin endeared about it.

"Y-You..."

"You became prettier." Jennie said when she was sure Jisoo was not going to finish her sentence anytime soon.

Jisoo hitched a breath. What is she doing? Why would she compliment her? And why the hell did she just put her hand on the wall, trapping Jisoo between her arms?

Is she... flirting? With her ex?

Jisoo was sure Jennie was the one who didn't want her, she made that clear, so why does she insist on behaving this way?

"You are too close..." Jisoo cleared her throat and moved her sweaty hands against Jennie's chest to nudge her. "Can't we be professional, please?"

That came out much more pleading and less annoyed than Jisoo had intended. Damn the brunette for weakening her.

Jennie obliged to the nudge and retracted her hand. She took a step back while Jisoo was catching her breath.

"Aren't we?" Jennie asked innocently but Jisoo could tell she was obviously teasing her.

"Nothing about this is..." Jisoo muttered. "I read the script and yet... you chose me. I know about your intentions, you want to make fun of m-"

"Do my job." Jennie corrected and turned around, she sounded disappointed. "Would you mind going in position? We are about to start."

It didn't sound like a request but more like a command, Jisoo felt the authority and decided to do as told.

The small exchange between them didn't make Jisoo content but at least she managed to converse with her and they could agree on being professional.

•••••

"Over here!" Jisoo waved to a timid Jennie who seemed too shy to approach her.

"H-Hi..." Jennie came closer as Jisoo kept smiling and waving at her.

"Hi!" Jisoo responded happily. "I was surprised you texted me so quickly!"

"S-Sorry-"

"No I don't mean it in a bad way. I was glad." Jisoo assured. She turned her voice a tad more silent because she just figured Jennie preferred it that way. "I had fun with you yesterday."

"Really...?" Jennie asked, insecurity lacing her voice.

"Yeah." Jisoo patted the bench she was sitting on so Jennie would take a seat. The brunette hesitantly bent down to sit, a good distance still between them.

"I-I asked you here because you forgot your wallet at the mixer party." Jennie said quietly, fishing the item out of her handbag.

"Oh." Jisoo exclaimed surprised.

"But I had fun too!" Jennie quickly added since she mixed Jisoo's surprise up with offense. Her cheeks were bright red while she tried to justify herself. "So... um..."

"I didn't notice it was missing at all. Thank you for returning it to me." Jisoo said with a smile and accepted the wallet with gratitude.

Jennie bobbed her head, glancing upwards to gaze at the clouds. "No problem..."

"Do you maybe want to hang out?" Jisoo questioned casually. "I know a place where you have a great view, we could just look at the clouds or do something else."

Jennie turned to her surprised.

"I just thought you like them." Jisoo answered like she could read her mind. "Joohyun mentioned it..."

"I do." Jennie confirmed. "I don't know why... but for some reason looking at them makes me happy...." She admitted quietly, her cheeks tinted red.

'She is so cute!' Jisoo almost awed out loud.

"If you don't think that way, we don't have to though..." Jennie fiddled with her fingers nervously.

Jisoo shook her head. "I like looking at the sky. The clouds look like bread that was just baked."

That statement elicited a small giggle out of Jennie which made Jisoo smile too.

"My dream is to touch them." Jennie added, more uncomfortable.

And before they know it, they were having a serious discussion about clouds. They even scooted closer together and their legs brushed. It didn't make Jennie shy away which relieved Jisoo.

"You went hiking?"

"Yup and when I did, I was in a cloud." Jisoo explained. "You can come with me next time."

"I'm glad you forgot your wallet." Jennie smiled, then it faltered a bit. "I-I mean not because I want you to lose it but..."

"I get it." Jisoo chuckled, making her worries fade. "I'm glad too. Let's be friends?"

"I'd be happy to."

What Jennie didn't have to know was that Jisoo left her wallet there on purpose.