3: The Resolve

Jisoo invited her friends over and ranted to them about how she accepted the job and how Jennie decided to adapt a film of their relationship.

It was odd that her friends were not surprised at all, but then Jisoo connected the dots.

"Joohyun and Daniel already told you didn't they?" Jisoo asked blankly, receiving two guilty nods. "Then why do you let me talk about it for forty minutes!"

"You were so into it..." Seulgi explained meekly.

"Like really into it..." Jihyo agreed.

Jisoo facepalmed herself. Although both of her friends were still close to Jennie's siblings, Jisoo hasn't encountered them since she and Jennie broke up.

They also don't mention the brunette in front of her out of consideration. They know how much pain the break up cause them.

"Since when are they back in the country anyway? I thought they moved to New Zealand?" Jisoo questioned.

"For a year now." Seulgi answered.

"Is that so?" Jisoo grumbled bitterly. "Never thought she'd return." An accusing tone in her voice.

"And you didn't speak with her yet?" Jihyo concluded.

"Nope. She's like a completely different person. I'd feel like I would have to call her mam or something." Jisoo said, annoyed when she thought about her authoritative and cocky attitude. She just wanted to wipe the smirk of her lips.

"I mean I would have even assumed she has completely forgotten about me but this script says otherwise." Jisoo pointed to the stack of paper in her bookshelf. "Also, she winked at me! Can you believe it? How dare she." The raven's annoyance kept rising.

"Maybe she is still into you!" Jihyo's whole face lit up in excitement, she clapped her hands together excitedly. "Omg! Just think about it! Maybe this whole film is like a confession!"

"And then you wake up." Jisoo snorted grumpily, bursting her delusions. "Seul, what do you think? Should I confront her?"

"Like you said, eventually she will talk to you, so if you want to do it first why not? Let's practice your lines." She suggested.

"All right." Jisoo sat up right on the sofa and looked at Jihyo. "Pretend you are Jennie."

"Got it." Jihyo immediately went in character and looked shyly around.

"No, no!" Jisoo shook her head in dismay. "Like I said she changed, you need to look confident! Wink at me! Smirk!"

Thus Jihyo shrugged her shoulders and walked over to Jisoo, slamming one hand against the wall, beside Jisoo's head.

"Yeah no, that's weird." Jisoo made a puking noise and scooted further to the edge of the sofa. In an attempt to escape.

"Just pretend!" Jihyo was the one to scold this time. She was only acting.

"Fine..." Jisoo pursed her lips and glanced upwards into her eyes, then took a deep breath before exhaling and parting her lips.

"Listen, here is the thing Jennie, I know what you are trying to achieve and let me tell you it's not working. If you want to have a ticket to my suffering, you won't get it, instead I will put on a show that even you won't be able to criticise."

"How dare you talk to me this way!? Go sit in the corner now slave!"

"Jihyo!"

"What? I was trying."

Jisoo sighed, dropping her head against the back of the sofa. From across the table Seulgi told them to try it again, more seriously. They obliged and re-did it.

"Jennie, I know you wrote this story about us but I don't mind as long as we can keep it professional. Of course I do think it would be fair if I get credited somehow."

"What are you talking about? The content is completely made up. I think you have the wrong person here. Who even are you? Can you get me another glass of wine?"

"I'm Jisoo."

"Okay Jisoo, can you get me another glass?"

Jisoo groaned, this is not working out and she doesn't blame Jihyo for it. The problem is, they don't really know Jennie anymore. She actually has no clue how she would react to the lines. She will just have to risk it.

•••••

It's the day of the first rehearsal and Jisoo will not start to act before she has confronted Jennie. She mustered up her courage and thought about the lines she wanted to throw at her. She glanced to the brunette.

As usual she observed the director who was busy giving instructions and offering guidance. She wore a serious expression as she looked over the whole set.

Apparently the camerawoman messed up again because Jennie quiet loudly scolded her.

The dejected woman scurried away with a sigh, brushing past Jisoo.

"Lisa right?" Jisoo approached the woman. "Everything all right?"

"Yeah, just filmed the last hour with an uncapped camera lens cap. But before you think I'm an amateur, it was just one camera amongst five I was simultaneously in charge of." Lisa explained while replacing the battery of the camera.

"Jennie is strict with you, isn't she?" Jisoo pried.

"Jennie?" Lisa raised an eyebrow.

"I-I mean, Director Kim." Jisoo cleared her throat, taken aback.

"Director Kim only wants the film to be perfect, she is hardworking like that." Lisa defended.

"Do you like her?" Jisoo asked for some reason.

"She is someone I look up to and she is the first person who gave me a chance. Before I met her, I was filming wedding ceremonies."

Lisa knows the current Jennie. So Jisoo continued querying about her, wanting to know what her ex grew to be like.

From the sounds of it, she became serious at her craft but is playful when the camera turns off.

It fuelled Jisoo's desire of wanting to converse with the director for herself. This is it, she is done avoiding this ghost of her past. No more excuses.

Here goes nothing.