8: The Kiss

Recording with Mino among the cast was as irritating as Jisoo had it in her memory.

He improvised too much, he made her uncomfortable but he was a good at acting, that's why he can easily get away with it. People might say it's even a bold way of presenting himself and interact with his co-workers.

Jisoo didn't think so. To her a big part of acting is communication and making sure your counterpart is comfortable. Chemistry can happen instantly but it can also be built together. It doesn't work alone, he can't just force it.

What's adding to her frustration is how much stricter Jennie was today, even more than usual. Jisoo could imagine why, she must have regretted what they did and is now letting her anger out on her.

It's not solely Jisoo's fault, in fact Jennie was the one who was really into it. Jisoo didn't even touch her in return.

"One more time. Jisoo you need to move closer to him, put your hands around his hips." She instructed, making Jisoo scoff but do as she says.

Mino seemed happy with that order and could barely hide his smirk.

When they were done after filming for six hours, starting from the morning, Jisoo approached Jennie frustratedly.

"Director Kim, may I speak to you?" She asked the brunette who was still sitting on her foldable chair and didn't even glance to her.

"I'm busy actually." She was in the middle of speaking to the head of the camera and light.

"I have a question about the script, it's urgent." Jisoo forced a smile.

Jennie sighed and told them she would be right back. She led the way and went to her private room.

"What is it?" Jennie asked with a raised brow, knowing it was not about the script. She can recognise her fake smiles.

"I believe you are being unfair to me." Jisoo complained.

"I'm just doing my job in treating you the same way as everyone else. That's what you wanted." Jennie pointed out.

"We both know you are just upset about last night." Jisoo rebutted.

"I am upset?" Jennie stepped closer, Jisoo automatically stepping back. "You were the one that hurriedly left, so I believe you were much more upset."

"What did you expect me to do? Wait for you to wake up and grab breakfast?" Jisoo scoffed.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you just wanted to get yourself off." Jennie didn't sound offended, more challenging. She went closer until Jisoo's hips hit the table and Jennie reached out to cup her face. "But now I know." She said before kissing her hungrily.

"Jennie, are you done yet? We-" Joohyun's mouth flew wide as she saw the scene in front of her.

Jennie pulled away but Jisoo held her and buried her head in her neck to hide herself from that embarrassing situation. Yeah as if that made her invisible. At least they were fully clothed...

"Oh, I'm sorry. I will tell them you went home." Joohyun winked at her sister before she turned around and closed the door.

As they heard the door shut, the two could feel the other's heartbeat. Jisoo wasn't even aware that she was practically hugging Jennie until Jennie cleared her throat.

Not wanting to embarrass herself further, Jisoo dropped her arms and raised her head.

"Why would you kiss me?" Jisoo diverted to the other, her cheeks flushed red.

"You kissed me first..." Jennie defended, referring to yesterday. "I thought you, you wanted to..."

Jisoo stared at her, her heart hammering in her chest. She wanted her to elaborate even though she could imagine what she was suggesting.

"Well, it must be hard in this business to have relationships..." Jennie fumbled nervously, averting her gaze. "So if you want, we could be-"

"A casual fling?" Jisoo blinked, finishing for her.

Jennie's cheeks turned bright red and her lips parted in shock. "I'm sorry if-"

"Is that allowed?" Jisoo asked curiously.

"Um... yes." Jennie nodded her head.

Jisoo didn't want to make that an official thing between them but she also wasn't particularly against it.

Jennie already knew where and how she liked it. And it's true that she will not date anyone, she thinks that's a pretty hard thing for actresses. Their partner will have to be strong and okay with her kissing her co-workers and be intimate with them.

"I'm not saying we are anything... Not anymore..." Jisoo started cautiously, gaining Jennie's attention. "But do I want you to take me against your desk? Yes."

Jennie's eyes turned a shade darker, visibly being surprised by Jisoo's words. She didn't hesitate to kiss and hold her as Jisoo wrapped her thighs around her waist. She chose to continue sleeping with her ex.

•••••

Jennie couldn't believe Jisoo said yes. Nor did she believe Jisoo initiated skinship. The brunette was still feeling happy when she arrived home. Anyone could tell that she was beaming in happiness.

The person who encountered her first when she blissfully dropped onto the sofa in the living room was Joohyun, with a knowing smile.

"You already got back together?" Joohyun asked excitedly, sitting on the edge of the sofa, just in front of Jennie.

Well, no but maybe... maybe one day. It could happen, optimistically she thinks so.

"Not yet." Jennie shook her head, still smiling when she remembered the feeling of Jisoo's soft lips that tasted like cherry lipbalm.

"What are we talking about?" Daniel joined them, lifting Jennie's head up before placing it on his lap as he sneaked beside them.

"Jennie not being over Jisoo." Joohyun grinned playfully as Jennie pouted.

"Oh, first love never dies." He teased, pinching her cheeks. "Do you need our help getting her back?"

"Noo~" Jennie whined, swatting his hand away, not allowing anyone to touch her cheeks. "Don't embarrass me, okay?" She glared.

"We would never." Daniel smiled, looking at Joohyun who nodded. No, they definitely would embarrass her. "Say JenJen, why did she dump you anyway?"

Jennie shrugged her shoulders. "I don't want to talk about it."