Chapter 1: Skycrest

Start from the beginning

So you may be wondering; How did two complete... or not so complete opposites become best friends? It began on Ria's first day of school. Living in a tiny town and recognising almost all your neighbours meant there were rarely any new faces, friendships were already made and newcomers were welcomed with open arms and pulled straight into the rich crowd. That is until they are kicked out at least until they became useless to them.

Ria's family aren't rich but they lead a happy, joy-filled life, her parents own a popular fusion restaurant in the heart of town. It's one of the most popular in town. It's a place for peace and serenity, but growing up there could get tough. She meets everyone but never forms connections with them as they leave until the next time they want food from their restaurant and families on the richer side view her working-class parents as trash. Like mosquitos on a humid night. Annoying.

Blaze on the other hand is part of the rich crowd, they are the crowd who treat the commoners poorly unless they require something from them. However Blaze's family are different, they treat the commoners with respect and help them out from time to time. Blaze lives with his parents and baby sister who is 5 years his junior, the large gap does mean they aren't extremely close but still, he tries to help her out occasionally... or when Ria forces him too.

The first day of school had arrived and Ria was nervous, being only 5 years of age she barely knew anyone however at the same time she knew everyone but Ria had few friends none of which were in her class. She loved cooking and animals but also adored weaponry and reading. Unlike most girls her age who wanted fancy dresses, shoes, or dolls, all Ria wanted was weapons and trousers. From a young age, Alaria has had an extreme interest in weapons and their usage, now at age 16 she's trained with different types of weapons and can defend herself from others with almost all types. The girls look at her in disgust and the guys find her too independent and sharp-tongued.

Her dad walked her to school that dreary morning of her first day at school and waved goodbye at the small gate which led up to the doors of the old dilapidated school building. Ria turned around and waved to her father, taking a deep breath she walked into the small classroom. Students were going crazy, flinging paint and sticks everywhere. By the time she found a spare seat in the corner of the classroom, her Snow White hair was covered in splatters of multi-coloured paint.

As a 5-year-old she didn't mind getting dirty so she went on with her life not caring about her paint-covered hair. A third of the way through the first day a young boy about the same age as her and the rest of the class walked in, hand-in-hand with an older man, presumably his father or guardian of some sort. Ria had seen them around town together so presumed he was the late kid's father.

"Aah sorry for being late, had an emergency at home." The older silver-haired kind-faced man smiled at our teacher.

In return she smiled too, "It's alright. Who do we have here?" She beckoned the small child forwards.

"Hi, I'm Blaze." The young boy smiled at the teacher before walking further into the classroom.

"Hi Blaze, go find a seat."

Ria looked up from the corner and studied the young boy, he seemed friendly enough. He - Blaze - would most likely end up in the popular group. She ignored the interference and went back to colouring. The day flew by, it was soon lunchtime and the class went out to sit in the blazing sun.

A pack of the town's rich girls walked over to Ria who was sitting in the sun against the white picket fence, they each introduced themselves seemingly kindly but Ria knew they were up to no good. The soft snickers from some girls behind them gave away their secret. Before she could react they were splashing paint all over her. Her already-colored snow-white hair was completely covered in paints along with her clothes and bag.