Chapter 4

RPOV

We had dinner, and each of us bathed. I was beginning to wonder if he would make me go back to the town. There was only one bed, and I didn't really need to stay here. But the thought of leaving was making me panic. And I realized it had little to do with the fact the cave was amazing and more to do with its occupant.

I was fidgeting with the last of my food, now that I realized I wouldn't be here much longer.

"You can take the bed. I have a few errands to run and will crash in the library."

My head shot upwards fast.

"You're not making me leave?"

He laughed.

"You want to go?"

I looked down at my hands.

"No, but we both know I can't stay here forever. I don't even feel the wounds on my back anymore. I should go back to Lissa. I have a responsibility to her."

He sighed deeply.

"I know, but wait a few days. I can teach you more techniques in the meanwhile, and that annoying boy has a chance to calm down. I'll take you back to the town myself at the end of the week."

I nodded eagerly. That gave me five days. Five days of living in this fantasy. I hoped that in five days I still wanted to get back to Lissa.

He didn't seem to want me to leave either, and I think the thought made him uncomfortable. We finished our meals in silence and at the earliest time that was not considered rude he stood up from the table and bid me good night.

I walked towards the bedroom and rid myself of my clothes. I crawled into bed and let the exhaustion overtake me as I nestled myself in the plush and soft furs.

The next morning I woke up rather early. I went in search of Dimitri but found no trace of him. I checked the library, but he wasn't there, and it didn't seem like the chair was slept in at all. There were no furs or sheets or anything. He did say he had a few errands to run. I wondered what those were.

My mind was running away with possible places he could be. Dead at the bottom of the mountain, drunk in a tavern...drunk in a whorehouse. The last sent shivers down my spine. I mean, I assumed he had been with a woman before. I imagined women threw themselves at him left and right. Hell, I almost did.

I kept walking and entered the living space. The table was set with items for breakfast that hadn't been there last night. So either he did it before he went out last night, after I had gone to sleep, or he had done it this morning. I debated eating first, but I wanted to know if Dimitri was here and where he had slept.

Maybe he was bathing. I had a hard time not giggling. I would love to see a naked and wet Dimitri. I licked my lips as I was tiptoeing towards the domed lake. But when I got there, I didn't see a naked Dimitri.

Sure, the creature was naked. I doubt they made clothes that big. Also, I wondered why a Dragon would need clothes when they had scales.

The Dragon that had saved me was sleeping peacefully beside the lake, his head resting on his claws. I took a good look at him since I had only seen his eyes before I passed out last time.

His scales were a deep brown. His tail was long and wrapped around his body like a cat's tail would. But the tail wasn't fluffy; it had a lethal sharp tip. The tip of his tail was already bigger than my head. The Dragon was huge. I wondered if all Dragons were this big, or if he was considered big amongst Dragons.

I moved closer to him and touched one of his scales. The scale was hard and smooth at the same time. The scale almost felt like velvet, velvet wrapped around steel. His body was warm. I could feel the heat emanating from him, warming the space around him.